Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I need your opinions...Keep it or sell it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gpd4, Jul 29, 2002.

1. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

My $50.00 truck is now roadworthy. After a new starter and several used lights from the junk yard and $22.00 for a new muffler and tail pipe, I think I can get it to pass a safety inspection. I'll worry about emissions later. It's an '81 regular cab, 4X4 long bed Chevy P/U stock w/ very dryrotted 31" mud track tires. I have a pretty good set of 36" Super Swampers that I could throw on it (a little trimming here and there...) to make it look a little more appealing. What do you all think it's worth? Or is the convienience of a beater P/U worth more? It was originally bought as a parts truck for the Blazer, but it only has a 305 and a 10-bolt rear and they will not help me.

I'd appreciate any input on this.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

do you already have a truck for hauling plywood or dirt or the lawn mower? If not i would keep and use to as a beater work truck and slap on some cheap 31 a/t's. if you do already have a pickup then i'd sell it and buy more parts for yer blazer /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

I don't really have anything for hauling things around, but my collection of "rolling stock" is getting a little out of hand. I'm already trying to unload a '68 BelAir. I've got the K5, an '82 CJ-7 in pieces, 2 6x6 amphibian projects, and a '19 touring car that needs the engine put back in. Maybe I should just keep it...I don't know.

Too many projects.

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah i'd get some newer 31s and use it as a beater truck...
    although i'm sure i'd look good with the 36s on it, the 305 and 10 bolts arent going to agree with the 36s...
    you'd probably be ok if you just ran it on the street, but why put 36s on a strictly street machine...
    but for what you have in it, i'm sure you'll get more use out of it than money you'd get for the truck if you tried to sell it....
    beat it up and if you need to get rid of it in a few years you wont be losing much considering what you have in it...

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ohhh i DO know that feeling...

Bryan

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

if ya ain't go no truck ya gotta keep j/k /forums/images/icons/wink.gif sounds like ya got quite a collection going there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but i'd keep it to haul stuff with, it sure is alot easier to throw yer stuff in the back than it would be to drag a trailer around or to try to stuff a 4x8 sheet of plywood into the back of yer blazer /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif