Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I never realized how big my house was.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fordeater, May 9, 2006.

1. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Until i spent the night alone in it. I had to admit my wife to the hospital today because of her pregnancy. She has really high blood pressure, and the doctor said its not worth the risk so he admitted her. I spent half the day with her, and now i'm sitting here by myself in our big ol house. They might have to induce her tomorrow if her blood pressure stays up high. Otherwise it will probably be sometime next week. She wasn't originally due until the end of May. Anyways, before long i'll be a daddy and have a son.

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

congrats on the soon to be new baby. I hope to someday have the problem you are having now(having a big house)

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

How many square feet is your house? And keep us up to date on your sons arrival!

4. fordeater

my house is 2700 sq ft which is huge considering that only my wife and I and the soon to be baby live in it

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

wow, that is huge, and I thought my 2200 sq ft was too big for 2 people.

sorry she's having it rough, but hopefully they'll get things better and it'll go smoothly for her/you.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Prayers go with y'all bro!

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It won't be long before you're trying to get her to take the baby and visit her parents for the weekend, charish your quiet "ME" time while you can...

8. fordeater

I don't really have any "me" time right now anyways between work and school. I'm way excited though. I am the 2nd oldest of 9 kids, so i have experience in babysitting/raising them for my mom.

9. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i know what you mean about that wierd feeling of being alone at nite. one time my wife and i had a real rough day (my fault) and i couldn't get her to come home till like 2 or 3 am. my 330 sq ft and double size bed never felt so d@mn huge and lonely. it was the only night we haven't slept next to eachother since we were married. i slept on the hardwood floor next to her all night. man that was a rough day/nite. at least she let me be in the room w/ her.

10. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Hope the birth goes well. And yeah, enjoy your " alone " time. I'ts all about to change. ps, being a dad is the coolest.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No kidding. One day you will looks around and with a house full of kids realize that the only place that is still quiet is the garage/shop.

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Congrats on the kid man! My wife had the same high blood pressure issues too with both pregnancies. Ours was 26 days early a couple weeks ago and Mom and baby are fine. Good luck, I'm sure everyone will be OK.

13. fordeater

well, got an update today. The doctor came in this morning and see that my wife will get induced tomorrow or Saturday. Not sure just yet, but hopefully tomorrow morning we will know for sure. I will post more when i know more.

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

whoa, another FORDEATER!! congrats brother.:D i prayed for your wife to have an easy time. it does seem quiet when no one is there doesn't it?thats one reason to have a dog. they love you and keep you busy.:laugh: