Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I never thought I'd brag about it...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 3, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

But I just got a heck of a deal at Goodwill... I just DOUBLED my tie collection (from 5 to 10) for $3.71... These aren't worn out, stained ties either... There were quite a few of those, but these ones I got are almost in brand new condition, and don't look bad at all :D

I think I'll have to hit up Goodwill every so often. It is nice to buy a brand new tie, but why pay $15-$40 for a new tie when I can get 5 for less than a third of a brand new one? :confused:

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nothing wrong with thrift stores !! In Omaha down on south 24th st there are alot of thrift stores. I used too do alot of thrift store shopping. You can get some mega deals, just have too wade through all the crap too get to the good stuff.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I never thought I could find nice stuff at a thrift store :)

I do have a Hi Lift in the back yard though, so ties aren't my first purchase... $10 at the Salvation Army...

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Got a set of drawers that go under a waterbed in almost perfect shape for 35 bucks on time. Lots of deals if look real good. I usually prefer flea markets though. Boiled peanuts. :p:

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yep, thrift stores rock, where else can you get lima bean green bellbottoms 1/2 price that are 20+ years old, cool old flight jackets,,unique t shirts,,and junk junk junk ,,,we go there too :grin:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We need "Goodwrench" stores...not goodwill!

Too bad we cant go to the "goodwrench" thrift store,and buy Dana 60's for 50 bucks,and NP205's for 20.. :D .Thats what they should do,turn the thrift store into an indoor swap meet or auto parts flea market!-We have flea markets here,but not that many car or truck parts end up there usually--and the swap meets are usually high priced,because many parts are getting scarce now..

That said--I've been shopping there some myself!--I donated a couch and some kitchen chairs and a table a guy I know wanted me to haul to the dump,they were in perfect shape,to the salvation army thrift store..--had I the room I would have kept them myself--while I was there I found 2 nice 235-15 radial snow tires for 15 bucks! I also bought a nice suit there for 15 bucks to wear to my dads funeral 5 years ago...I never dress up hardly at all--couldnt see blowing 200 bucks on clothes I'll probably wear only once or twice,or outgrow by the next time I try getting into them.. :crazy:

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What's a tie? :o

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You heartless fiend!!!!

What is a tie? A tie is only the greatest accessory other than a nice watch that a man can wear... If you're the dress up type that is...

One of the best things about my job is I get to wear a tie... I just wish I could wear my own ties instead of the dorky ones the hotel provides. Luckily I have church to wear my other ties to :cool1:

I don't usually buy watches... I have a really nice Relic that was given to me as a gift that I wear whenever I dress up... There's another watch I want, really nice only $25... I need to just quit looking at it and buy it :blush:

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Top hat and tails, with a black neck ribbon is dressing up

Ties are for office monkey train jockeys

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, if you're meeting the President or something...

11. Resurrection_Joe

19th Century High Fashion For This RJ

12. Resurrection_Joe

I just got a free couch by the way

I just had to endure awkward moments with old men in tighty whities