Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I new it was going together to well....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Jul 20, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm doing my rear disc on my other rear end, which already has 4.10s and a detriot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I got one hub together the other day and I was waiting on my other studs.
    Tonight after woork I get the other hub all tore apart..piece of cake, no fighting of any of it. Even the snap ring came right out. I clean it all up and pack the new bearings. nice and easy no real mess....
    The outer race goes right in...nice. Inner race goes in, pack the inner bearing..going good. I tap that inner race in with the old race flipped over, nice trick. The inner seal even goes right in... You probably already cuaght it.. "What happened to the snap ring??" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yeap..after I got the rotor installed and started to clean up..there it was sitting on the work bench just looking back at me..DAMNIT!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

So I need to pick up a new seal so I can get the ring back in there. So atleast the hard parts are done. just have to pick up one of the lock rings and that can all be put together. Paint the new calipers and run the brakelines and I'll be locked and disc'd on the rear.

-Jeremy

PS I was looking at tearing apart the other front (locked and 4.10'd too) so I can get the crossover parts on it and all the cool stuff...but it looks like I get to redo what I did today.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

DOH /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif