Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I no longer need to worry about quitting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

because I just got laid off!!

HOORAY I LOVE THE ECONOMIC DOWNTURN!!!!

the company having no money whatsoever has nothign to do with the VP of wasting money, wasting moeny, or the fact they just dropped some 1.2 million dollars or something obscene like that on getting our current building renovated. nope, its because of a downturn in the economy, and lack of airplanes needing repairs, because so many airlines are going under. <cough cough bullshitcough>

but hey, I've always got.... well, nothing now!! HOORAY!!!

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Did you at least give them the finger?

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Dang!! Well, on the bright side, being a Mac dude, you should be able to find work pretty easy. Every Mac shop I know of pays through the nose when they need Mac work done...

Good luck, I hope something comes up soon!!

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, since you were Chief of Security, did you haul yourself out?

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

no fingers, or anything like that... I didn't haul myself out, my boss hawked over me as I packed my [censored] to make sure I wasn't stealing anything... of all the <insert garbled cussing here> things they could have done. even worse, was they had a meeting of the remaining employees while those of us cleaning our [censored] out were still cleaning our [censored] out... from what my room mate/coworker said, they didn't call it `downsizing' they called it `Right sizing'. if I would have heard that bullshit, I know I would have tanked, and probably destroyed the data server, AND the backups. oh well,

I'm threw with denial, and am finaly facing the facts that although mondya morning will bring me the chance to sleep in, it will also not be bringing in any money. <sigh> at worst, I can go sling wrenches at the trainshop, for a while at least... although if I recal, my boss will be opening the anthem train a lot more with the coming of fall...

-Rich

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So what ya gonna do now to pay da bills ???

7. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Rich, git yer dang computer literate fingers tapping and you will have a new job by Monday. I only wish I'da had some skills to sell out there in the late 70's early 80's! I would probably been a native Arizonian by now. Got tired of living on baloney and macaroni. You are in a good location...just don't let the bung-holes wear ya down! Think of yourself as FREE! The bullshite is over! I'm in the process of refining a letter to the person 4 steps above our plant manager about how our maintenence manager blew $57,000 just on painters, whilst he nearly KILLED 2 co-workers through ignorance. Just hang tough, Brother.