Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I now own a 1978 Jimmy !!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 27, 2002.

Some would call me crazy, but I really want a damn K5. Well I think I finally found a nice clean K5 to start building. It is a 1986 and is bone stock, Silver with a blue stripe down the side, has the 305 and 700R4/NP208 and 73,000 miles on it. Also comes with a complete 454 motor for a builder. I will definately know by this coming Monday. i hate to see the old burb go, but it has been fun for over four years and it is time to build me another K5.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

Re: I think I might have found a K5

if you get rid of your burb, id definetly pull off some of your goodies and save them for your new k5 ! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Re: I think I might have found a K5

I'm selling her the way she is and getting an 86 K5. The deal is suppose to happen tommorrow. Trading !!

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Some would call me crazy

[/ QUOTE ]
    I would! You must have a ton of cash in the Burb so how can you justify a trade?????? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    Sounds like someone is getting a really good deal and I don't think it is you.
    Good luck with the K5 though. It must be REALLY clean.

4. Re: I think I might have found a K5

Ok now who is the crazy one !!

The dude just e-mailed me and said he couldn't do it. Damn I don't believe it.

I guess it just isn't meant to be !

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

BigBurb,

That sucks, everyone most think that there is some major problem with your Burb.. You may see if the guy want to have his mechanic look it over and give it a clean bill of health!!!!

Someone is going to end up with one sweat Burb..

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

Dam, guess he is!
    Build yourself a Blazer anyway, use your tires and stuff on it and use the Burb to pull it. Talk about turning some heads /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I really do wish you luck if that's what you want to do.

7. Re: I think I might have found a K5

I have to find me a Blazer and find that infamous "MONEY TREE" also !! I am kind of stuck on trading in order to get my hands on a K5 due to lack of fundage !!

8. Re: I think I might have found a K5

I have words for those that think that !! Go F#$K themselves !! Hmmmm I have driven the Burb to work daily for over 4 years now and will continue to do so. Most mechanics freak when they see the Burb (wussies)!! I think if someone was actually interested in the Burb they would come check it out for themselves and they haven't. Oh well like I said, it is his loss !!! I'll keep on looking for the right deal.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea that is a bunch of bull sh*t..but its true mechanics and people see that and all they think is o boy lots of mods = problems! not ture...sometimes yea but likly not!

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You'll find the right one soon... I hope you didn't think I was ? the Burb! I just know that alot of people get worried if the deal is to good in there favor..... I already told ya I would trade ya!!!

11. Re: I think I might have found a K5 *DELETED*

Post deleted by BigBurb

12. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Somone will show up and do the deal. You have a great looking Burb!

13. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Are you wanting a stock k5 to start from scrach or one already built.....or one in the process of being built?

My wife really wants a suburban....

14. Re: I think I might have found a K5

I want a K5 with a good body to start with and a 350 or bigger motor, automatic, and the other stuff I will just have to see about. I really don't care if it is built as long as I still have stuff to play with. What do you have to offer up?

15. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

85 K5 body is covered in herculiner. Fenders trimmed. 350 boared .40 flat top pistons with a newer q-jet and a mild cam est flywheel hp is around 300. 15,000 miles on the rebuild. The entire truck has 120K but there is basically nothing left that is stock. 7" susp lift with a echobit shackle flip and shackles in the back and 2" tuff country springs then 6" tuff countrys in front w/ord heavy duty shackles and a 3" body but I am thinking about taking the body lift off.... Brand new 38x13x16 swampers on brand new rockcrawlers from 4wpw. Rebuilt NP205 with the old style flat bottomed crossmember and energy suspension mounts. TH 350 with B&amp;M rebuild kit and automatic/manual valve body. B&amp;M zgate shifter. Custom dash with autometer gauges (no tach or speedo). High angle driveline front cv shaft (not flange style). The rear axle is a 14FF totally overhauled with a detroit locker and 4.88's that were prefessionally set up, as well as a disc brake conversion. The calipers and rotors are brand new as is everything else basically. I am planning on getting a D60 so I bought a trac lock for a 60 and I am picking up a drop pitman arm this weekend. Brand new steering box. I recently undercoated it. It has MR2 seats and tube doors. A Bestop....the interior is gutted of all carpeting as I am planning on herculining the interior. New radiator from o-riley with a lifetime warranty, summit headers and mufflers. New poly body bushings, hand made bumpers to compensate for the body lift. Derale 2100CFM electric fan. New skyjacker shocks. 2 kc hilites. New windshield and seal.

Now, the tranny and tcase are sitting in my garage. The tcase is apart at the moment cause I thought I had set the idler gear lash wrong...but it was right, the new bearings I used heavy grease on and the new seals made the front output yoke hard to turn so I thought I better be safe than sorry. The onlything installed int he truck is the rear and the lift.

All it needs is a front axle and a rear driveshaft...then some mix and match parts like brake lines and fluids.....and thats about it...

16. Re: I think I might have found a K5

Damn mouse !! I don't think they'd let me on Fort Knox to get to work with that !!! I gotta drive mine daily !! Sounds like you got one hell of a truck in progress.

17. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

This wont be much of a daily driver. I am so close to being done, I better just finish it..

18. Re: I think I might have found a K5

Done? Never !!! 4 link with coil overs, fuel cell, full cage, BB 502 fuel injected !!!

19. Now hear this one !!

The guy is back wanting to trade again, but no 454 in the deal. He has a 350 that is bored .30 over that needs built he'll throw in. He has the 86 that has 73K on it and is BONE stock and very clean.
    Today on the other hand I found a guy with a 78 Jimmy with 6 inches of lift, a built 350, custom shafts, 35's, nice body that will possibly trade too.
    And then I just talked to another guy with an 86 that has fresh built 350 and 3/4 ton axles with 4.10's and a rear detroit sitting on 37's that might trade too.
    Which way should I go? I am swaying towards the Bone stock 86 just so I know exactly is in the thing from the beginning. Who knows, maybe I'll actually own a K5 before the end of next month.