Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I now understand the Jeep thing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Apr 11, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well after about 8 hours of solid wheelin' yesterday I've come to the conclusion that my truck works pretty well and I now understand the Jeep thing.

You could say that I was a little under-trucked considering I don't have a dedicated mud rig with a big block or nasty small block and I don't have 44" Boggers but I still had a good time.

http://community.webshots.com/album/133110629yvrgiz

2. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    after about 8 hours of solid wheelin' yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]

So where are the "8 hours" worth of pics?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    All I see are pics of trucks parked.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I didn't take enough with my camera I guess. I figured checking out the rigs that I got to wheel with was good enough. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kinda off topic, but I don't get the whole Jeep attitude thing. I'm not trying to bash on Jeep owners, but from personal experence, it seams most Jeep owners look down thier noses at anyone wheeling anything other then a Jeep. What confuces me even more is the fact that most of those Jeepers have Chevy power trains, and put down Blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This Jeep owner seemed nice enough. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's not a issue of nice or rude, it's hard to describe. You can just tell they look down on ya for driveing something other the a Jeep. I can understand up in the hills with the tight trails, but out on the plains in the mud I get the same attitude. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It's not the same from the Ford guys either, yeah, little brand loyity sh_t flipping, but with the Jeepers ya feel the attitude like they think they are better then you. Anyways thats how it been in my experence anyways.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Did you even check the link? This wasn't a regular Jeep.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, cool pics. I really like the green K5. But I was talking about the title of the thread. Hence, [ QUOTE ]
    kinda off topic

[/ QUOTE ].

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Kinda off topic, but I don't get the whole Jeep attitude thing. I'm not trying to bash on Jeep owners, but from personal experence, it seams most Jeep owners look down thier noses at anyone wheeling anything other then a Jeep. What confuces me even more is the fact that most of those Jeepers have Chevy power trains, and put down Blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, YOU don't understand. I own both a Jeep and a K5. Everybody sits here and talks about how "Jeeper's" are but there are a bunch of K5er's that are the same way. For every one a$$hole Jeeper ther is one a$$hole GM guy, one a$$hole Ford guy and so on. It's not just a Jeep thing it's an everything. The only reason you here it more about Jeep owners is because there is probably a 10 to 1 ratio of Jeeps then anything else on the trails. Don't take this the wrong way but if you actually look into it you will understand exactly what I am referring to.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well I haven't met too many [darn] Kaiser Jeep owners. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, YOU don't understand. I own both a Jeep and a K5. Everybody sits here and talks about how "Jeeper's" are but there are a bunch of K5er's that are the same way. For every one a$$hole Jeeper ther is one a$$hole GM guy, one a$$hole Ford guy and so on. It's not just a Jeep thing it's an everything. The only reason you here it more about Jeep owners is because there is probably a 10 to 1 ratio of Jeeps then anything else on the trails. Don't take this the wrong way but if you actually look into it you will understand exactly what I am referring to.

[/ QUOTE ] I understand where you're coming from, but it was the same way when I lived in Omaha, and all we had around there was mud, not tight trails. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all Jeep guys have the I'm better then you tude if you drive something other then a Jeep.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have at least a dozen Jeeps in our club. It's certainly not a 1 in 10 thing...more like 7 in 10.

I am currently looking for another club.

Rene

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well im on my 2nd jeep now.. a 93 ZJ.. sooner or later it will be a decent trail rig, but for now its my daily driver weekend warrior, not all jeep owners look down on everyone else as a lesser wheeler-of sorts.. but some people do have attitude issues that need adjusting.. but you cant make people change, and if you are constantly around people who have a certain demeanor, chances are, you too will pick up that demeanor and with all the jeep only clubs.. why do you think so many have that same philosophy?

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

there are far more fullsize 4x4s being used here then Heeps
    the Heepers do seem to 'club up' where fullsize guys do not formalize at all

IMO most Heep guys buy the image and are completely mechanically incompetent
    gear heads generally do not buy Jeeps

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well this Jeep has a 454/TH400 and is fullsize so I don't really think there's much Jeep left.

16. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I understand where you're coming from, but it was the same way when I lived in Omaha, and all we had around there was mud, not tight trails. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all Jeep guys have the I'm better then you tude if you drive something other then a Jeep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand you. Hell I own a Jeep and still don't understand the Jeep thang. The only thing the Heep has over the K5 is how easy it is to remover the doors and is a full convertable. Easy enough fix with a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif on the K5. I like my Jeep but it's no comparison to the Blazer. The Jeep rides like crap, is way underpowered with the 4 banger, the top leaks more then the K5 soft top, more expensive to buy parts for, and is not big enough to fit my family in.

17. grd2go

grd2go Registered Member

All jeepers finally get humbled sooner are later they get pulled out by a chevy are ford and the [darn] talking is done being a tow truck driver is just grand some times. Theres /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif a lot of jeeps here in alaska run a lot of chevy and ford componets so its not what you start with but is what you end up with. You know if I had as much access to jeep parts as I do chevy parts then I might run one but here in alaska ther is a lot more chevys and fords on the road then there are jeeps so the parts are easy to come by.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well this jeep pulled me out yesterday so I guess I was the one humbled. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

19. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I look down on anybody who doesn't wheel a K5, does that make me as bad as them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pretty much. If you told me my truck was less of a truck because it's not a K5 I'd laugh at you and walk away.