Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I ordered a MM E12000 today (thanks keith) (updated)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Mar 26, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I ordered a Mile Marker E12000 today. And a Mile Marker snatch block.

If you remember, I had a thread a while back about the E12000 and Warn 9.5ti.

About a year ago I was going to order some wheels from Four Wheel Parts but when I called up the 1-800 number I got someone that wasn't very friendly to say the least. I'd never ordered from Four Wheel Parts before because of all the horror stories and that experience.

Today I called up Keith (one of our own members) who happens to work for FWP at the Norcross, Georgia store just for a quote. He jumped through all the hoops I had for him including price matching. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif He even stayed after closing time. When it was all said and done I had a winch and snatch block on its way here for the cheapest price I could find anywhere. And remember, some people call me 4x4 Pricewatch. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

With any luck, by this time next week my Jeep Recovery Unit will be complete:
    [​IMG]

I know, I know. Some of you say, so what, he ordered a winch. I've been trying to save for a winch for an entire year. It's pretty important for me.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: I ordered a MM E12000 today (thanks keith)

Congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm still saving up for my winch, on top of many other mods I still need. Stock is okay, but I'd rather have tough! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    p.s. whats that black box for?

3. CyberSniper

Yeah, I've been saving for it for an entire year.

I still don't have any tires because a Jeeper put an ax through my tire. I don't have $550 to plunk down for a new set of tires so I'll probably not be doing any wheeling until next fall.

I probably should've bought tires instead of the winch but I knew if I didn't buy the winch now I'd probably not get one until I wasn't wheelin' much anymore.

The black thing is my multimount winch plate. It's made out of a 8"x14" piece of 1/2" plate with 2.5" 3/16" thick angle iron on it. The tube is 3/16" thick. The weak point is the 5/8" hole and the front receiver. I'll weld some 1/2" cold rolled on it for handles this summer.

I put J.R.U. on it to irritate the Jeeps.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yay!

Hope your multimount works out

There's an article on a MM E12000 multimount setup on rockcrawler.com, but that site is all Jeepified

Good luck with it

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I've been saving for it for an entire year.

I still don't have any tires because a Jeeper put an ax through my tire. I don't have $550 to plunk down for a new set of tires so I'll probably not be doing any wheeling until next fall.

I probably should've bought tires instead of the winch but I knew if I didn't buy the winch now I'd probably not get one until I wasn't wheelin' much anymore.

The black thing is my multimount winch plate. It's made out of a 8"x14" piece of 1/2" plate with 2.5" 3/16" thick angle iron on it. The tube is 3/16" thick. The weak point is the 5/8" hole and the front receiver. I'll weld some 1/2" cold rolled on it for handles this summer.

I put J.R.U. on it to irritate the Jeeps.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Why did a jeeper put a axe threw your tire? Thats a good looking multi-mount thing. Good luck with your winch /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. CyberSniper

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Why did a jeeper put a axe threw your tire? Thats a good looking multi-mount thing. Good luck with your winch /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he has really bad aim. He's just disaster prone I guess. He'll probably win a Darwin Award someday. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Money can't buy competence and bigger tires don't make you smarter.

I sharpened my axe for the next time I go wheelin' with him. I bet 44" Boggers are more expensive than 33x12.50 Medalist Mud Kings. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. CyberSniper

Jeepafied, eh? I see their best mods are putting Chevy parts on their Heeps. hehe.

Do you happen to know where the article is? I've been looking for the last fifteen minutes or so.

8. Resurrection_Joe

http://rockcrawler.com/techreports/removable_winch/index.asp

There ya go!

I might get a long set of jumpers that work with my quick connects, then I can winch on anythign with a hitch and also jump stuff

HEY MUDZER WHAT THE HELL BRAND WERE THOSE CABLE ENDS YOU SOLD ME

9. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. CyberSniper

Tested it out today

Tuesday my winch was delivered. Tuesday and Wednesday I made brackets to mount the relay pack because the manufacturer's brackets were retarded and to mount the fairlead. I was under the impression you could mount the fairlead to the winch (going by the pictures Mile Marker has on their website). This isn't the case. I also didn't know at what height to mount the fairlead so I just kind of guessed to what made sense.

The truck is wired with 2/0 wire, the leads to the winch are 1/0, and the wire on the winch itself are the original 2 gauge.

It seems to work pretty good but I'm not too terribly impressed. Oh well. I only ran it off the two batteries, the truck wasn't running.

I suspect that between my plate, the heavier new wiring, brackets, fairlead, and the winch it weighs around 150lbs. It doesn't have handles on it yet.

I tested it by hooking it to a tree with my linelocks set. The first thing I hooked it to was a stump and I pulled it right out of the ground. It slows down quick as you put more load on it. I think it'd take a lot to get it to stall though.

The no load linespeed is PLENTY fast. If you need it faster than what this winch does you must have excellent cable-spooling skills. I know I had a hard time reeling in the cable with one hand.

The clutch is really nice compared to the few winches I've used before. The winches I've used before the disengage handle was a bitch to get to move and there was still a lot of resistance when you pulled the cable out. Piece of cake on this winch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Resurrection_Joe

Re: Tested it out today

Glad to hear you like it, I'll post up pics when I drag mine out of the shop

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hey Joe you should just use the winch to pull your truck outta the shop, save the time its gonna take to get your truck to move under its own power /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

just messin

13. Resurrection_Joe

No way man, no one is seeing it 'till it has a tailgate

AND BUY A MEMBERSHIP ALREADY!

I would but my CC is maxed