Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Pre Runner'd my K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I Pre Runner\'d my K5

I built a bumper for a guy with a 79, so I mocked it up to mine for kicks. It was built for a stock body lift so its looks a tad out of place on my 3" body lift but all in all not too bad. I'm building a rear one next but it wont fit my truck due to the extruding bed over frame tire carrier. I might just have to buy me a 2wd and make it race ready! Thought you all would get a kick out of it.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Re: I Pre Runner\'d my K5

looks great man..i have a speacial name for bumbers like thoughs..i callem "ricer scoopers" heheh looks good!

Bryan

3. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

Sweet - now what about the fiberglass and 30" of travel?
    I just had these bumpers put on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Thats a good looking rig! I really like the look of a First Gen on meats. The front looks to sit close to flush, good clearance that way... what about the back, how far? Almost looks like a bar based skid plate.

I'd break fiberglass (although it crossed my mind) but the 30" of travel would be nice! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. swamp donkey

swamp donkey 1/2 ton status

You know what I know. I have not seen my truck in almost 2 months! I dropped it off GM Truck Center in burbank, CA and told him to "fix it".
    I have always liked the prerunner look, and since I had no bumpers at all, and the front had been wrecked we had to fab something. That's what he came up with, and he sent me those pics. This weekend he will build a 6 point cage and put in the front drive shaft. after that it's mine!!!