Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I quit.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Some people are just soooo stupid.

My response:

Umm back to basics. De-stroking is no "stronger" than the standard stroke, unless you upgrade to a forged crank, connecting rods, etc. in the process.

Let's use SBC's for example.

Starting out with a standard 350 SBC.

4.000" Bore x 3.480" Stroke

A "stroker" kit for the 350 is using a 400 SBC's crank. Which gives us a longer stroke (length the piston travels in the cylinder), yielding low-end torque.

4.030" Bore x 3.750" Stroke orrr... 4.000" Bore by 3.800" Stroke ('00, "HT 383", Gen.I truck crate motor)

Now, let's de-stroke the 350 with a crank from the 307 SBC. This gives us a shorter stroke, meaning the pistons travel less, which means we can wind up the motor faster. This gives up high-end HP, and with balancing can achieve RPM's well above what the 350 can do.

4.000" Bore x 3.25" Stroke.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

welll
    acording to physics
    less rotating mass(de stroking) woould make the motor able to withstand highr RPM's wich would make it "stronger"
    he isent using the right words, but he has the right idea

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Doesn't really matter unless the motors are where they belong , stroker in a A-Body , revver in a Duece :thumb: