Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I ran into a buddy from High School today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Jan 24, 2007.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I haven't seen him since 96' my jr. year. My brother and I went to Fry's Electronics in Wilsonville, OR. I guess he moved to OR back in 96' and has been doing his thing since then. Cool guy,we chatted for about 10 mins and exchanged numbers.One of my best friends through high school. Funny.

Most people I would run into in the past...I would rather get run over by a truck.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've ran into folks in some odd places.

Hawaii, '93. Walking down the sidewalk back to my barracks, some old boy in BDU's hollers at me. Took me about 5 minutes to realize who he was after reading his nametape. Last time I had seen him at graduation back in '90, I had a couple of inches on him. That time around, he had about an inch on me.

Just a few weeks ago, I was in a Best Buy in Amarillo, TX browsing waiting on the wife's flight to come in and some old boy I hadn't seen in almost 17 years recognized me.................................

****ing odd.....................

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I always feel stupid when that happens because I am terrible at remembering names.

4. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was in a bar over the weekend and this guy came up to me and said "Craig Artzner?" I looked at him and said "Yeah?". I did not recognize him at all. It was a friend of mine I knew back when i was a kid in the '80s from church. I felt really bad because I did not recognize him even after he told me his name.

He said he was married and then said "You may know my wife, you dated her a few years back." I was like "Um...ok what's her name?" He told me her name was Laura and she worked at Clay's Park (where I had worked at the time). Now I remember who I dated and didn't date and I did NOT date this girl. I saw her at work and asked her for her phone number one time but i never called her. She then stalked me for like a week, she would try to find out where I was working in the Park and would try and ambush me there, I was always clever enough to elude her.

I didn't have the heart to tell my buddy that his wife once stalked me so I acted like I may have dated her sometime in the past...then he said jokingly "aw come on you probably did her!" Ok buddy now you're giving me the creeps. Luckily enough my girlfriend walked up and said that some of our other friends were going to another bar so I jumped on that bandwagon as fast as I could. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007