Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i really need help with this

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Dec 24, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

for the past 6 mmonths, my rocker arms have been nothing but problems. At first they got really loose and make my engine tick like a rolex, then they started to come so loosse theyd fall off and thats no good. I figured out that my rocker arm nuts suck so i got a set of posi lock nuts. What i need to know is whats the best to to readjust my rocker arms so i get the best performance with nock ticking? I have tried the TDC 90 degree way out of my Haynes manual but that did nothing, this is the only problem im haveing and would like to get it fixed. Thanks alot. Merry Christmas!!!Happy Hanukkah

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Pull a valve cover and loosen a valve yuntil it starts ticking, then tighten it until the ticking just goes away. Put another 1/2 turn on it, lock it down and move on to the next one. You can make the job A LOT cleaner if you install an old valve cover that has the top cut off and get the oil deflector clips from an auto parts store so the things don't squirt you. Without the clips and modified valve cover the job is really messy, oil will get everywhere.</font color>

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

if you can't back them off till you get a tick and tighten them back about 1/2 turn then your lifter might be sticking. So if you've tryed and no luck then look at your lifters....