Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I really need some help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, May 31, 2000.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I posted once and no one responded and I have to get some info! How do the A/C and powersteering brackets mount??? I can't find the right combunation and this is all I'm waiting before starting the motor for the first time. It's a 88'. Please help!

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I had this same problem on my 87. Is it a serpentine or v-belt? Mine is not a Serp. My ac compressor mounts on top of the power-steering pump. I did'nt have a very good pic from my service manual on how the brackets mounted. I went to a several late model junk yards to find all of the brackets and see where they were mounted. If you are running headers you will have to modify the p/s pump bracket a little. It was designed so that one side is attached by a bolt that runs through the exhaust manifold mount. When you see it all put together you'll see what I mean.

BIGJ

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

The two brackets work together and I'm trying to remember exactly... I do know one bolts to the exhaust manifold front two bolts and the power steering bracket bolts below and on the water pump housing. I'll go refresh my memory-let me know if this info. helped. Steve

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have an 88 305 sittin in my garage. It had one of the new style brackets that mounts everything on it and then bolts to the block. The vehicle it came out of did not have A/C so I dont know where it would have mounted, sorry!

Mike

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett" "Built for function, not for beauty!"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

5. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

Ok, on my 86 it's like this! Assuming you kept the bracket on the power steering pump that is mounted behind the pully. I have to other brackets. One is wide across the top the long slotted edge goes twards the front. The second bracket is tall & runs up the back of the PS pump/AC Compressor, it also has a slotted (for adjustment) it goes twards the top. If this still isn't clear, let me know & I'll try & get some digital pics to ya via e-mail

Rick
    86 K-5
    http://www.coloradok5.com/RMcPherson.htm