Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Really need your help with Eldorado Calipers.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have everything ready for my TSM conversion. The only parts I'm missing are the brackets/springs where the e-brake cable attaches to. I live in Guatemala, and the local junkyards don't even carry Caddillac stuff, much less the rear calipers from 1979-1985.

I need someone with enough spare time to visit a junkyard and get the pair of complete used calipers. Ship me the springs and brackets (to a warehouse in Miami, FL) and ship to carparts.com the used calipers. I need to recover my core charge since I bought a pair of reman. Bendix calipers.

I don't have lots of money, but I can pay with PayPal or send you a check for this little "job".

Thanks a lot.

<font color=purple>//////
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com&gt;blazer79.freeyellow.com&lt;/a&gt;</font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/cool.gif"&gt;
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Blazer79 on 08/13/01 01:41 PM.</FONT></P>

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

look at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.car-part.com>www.car-part.com</a> and you can get the pair of calipers for usually under $50, complete with the springs and bracket. And arent the calipers from '76-'78? Maybe not, but thats what I thought..............if its for a 14bff...........

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

You're right. Calipers for a 14 bolt are 76-78, but mine are for a 12 bolt.

Hey I checked that site and they do have them as cheap as $10!!! I'll send some emails and see who is nice enough to do the disassembly and split shipping.

Thanks a lot![​IMG]

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

One thing the parking brake never works right I run the TSM kit and used new calipers and it never stays adjusted I changed to a line lock that always works.

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Are the Eldorado calibers only ones that can be used in rear disk conv. w/e-brake?

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

6. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Hey blazer72, would you agree that a line lock would have been useless when I ripped my braided stainless line off on a steep hill? What other options are there?

thebigdaddyof2

7. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

What is a line lock, I am interested as I am changing over to discs on my 14. I had the TSM on my 10 bolt, and hated those dam caddy calipers and e-brake, but I still have to pass inspections for ebrake. Thanks for help.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

8. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

From what i know, a line lock, can either be hydralic or electronic(soleniod) that puts pressure to the brake lines taht you have it hooked up to, thus your brakes would be lo0cked. Some one correct me if im wrong but thats what i think it is.

9. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

A line lock would be useless if you have a loss of pressure- such as a ripped off line. You must be able to build up pressure to "lock" the system. I believe someone on the boards here is working on or knows of a cable driven, caliper and rotor that mounts to the drive shaft yoke. Anyone with info?

thebigdaddyof2