Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I said day off not layoff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fright89, Aug 24, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I said day off not layoff

A couple weeks ago I sent my manager an email requesting a day off. Gonna do some camping up in NH. The afternoon before my day off I got the news. Got the whole speech blah blah blah. You know the story.
    I had been at this company for about 5 years, It's a nationwide company called Compucom with HQ down there in Texas. Normally I am an on site hardware support analyst. Recentantly I have been doing field service calls which I really don't like. Putting about 175 miles a day on my car. So I was really ready for a change.
    My wife has her own busyness that she is getting tired of and wants to sell. I have wanted to start something for a while. So hopefully this is the kick in the ass I needed.
    Got some money in the bank and other income so the blazer can stay on the road, and off.

Oh well all is good and we are looking into some buiness opportunities. Package store, used car dealer, Car wash or something likes that. We would really like to get something going up in NH. Here in MA we have the most stupid laws. Went to a GSA auction the other day and saw many cars go for cheap money. Mostly 98s and 99s for between $1,000 to $1,500 below trade in so you could easily make $2,000 or more and still be below retail. Gutta looks into that used car dealer stuff.

BTW maybe this is old but check out page 9 of the October four wheeler mag.

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

If you have an area of NH that your looking at, let me know, we have numerous contacts with Real Estate Agents, Business big-wigs etc...I may be able to send you a few names, that could help you.

Brandy

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go ahead and get your auto dealers license, then go to factory program car autions. We used to buy brand new cars that had anywhere from 500 to 5000 miles on them becouse come company big wig would use them befor they sold them to the dealerships. We'd get those cars for $2,000.00 to $10,000.00 depending on how the bidding went.