Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I saw a Chalet yesterday!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82GMC, Dec 18, 2000.

1. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Well I was up skiing this past weekend in the ol camper and I went outside too dig it out(had a lot of fresh powder all weekend[​IMG])And low and behold driveing down the steet is this chalet!!!It was 50 yards though a snow bank too catch it or else I might have ran after it[​IMG]So I started yelling like a crazy[​IMG]person for everybody else too get out here and see this thing!.
    So now I have seen 2 differant Chalets in my whole life one was all white and this one was two tone tan with a rust red stridown the side.
    Anybody here own this beast? live in Washington state and was at the Snoqualime pass ski area.

[​IMG]

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

There is a Chalet for sale here in Austin Texas area.
    Brown/Tan color scheme, all original.. he's asking $3,800 for it.. and it's about 85percent.. it's nice looking..

(updated) http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com

4. HarryH3

If it wasn't quite so far to get to Austin from Colorado Springs I'd take a look. [​IMG] Both of my sisters live there but I don't have the travel time right now!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

A few weeks ago there was one in the N. Texas truck trader for sale for I think $2800. It looked pretty nice.

90K5

6. HarryH3

I'd like to get a chance to sit and move around in the back of one. At 6'3" I'm a bit concerned that I'd just be too big to move around much in the back. But the idea sure is interesting! If I could be somewhat comfortable it would be a neat rig to have.

Someone used to make aftermarket pop top campers for K5's, Scouts and Broncos. Don't know if they're still in business or not.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I saw one last week on Roosevelt Blvd. in NE Philadelphia. Never knew what this "Chalet" thing was until I saw it on the side of the camper. Looked to be in great shape, cream color with a red/brown (I think) stripe down the middle.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!