Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i saw aluminum turbines on a late 80's-91 K5 yesterday evening

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Nov 20, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i saw aluminum turbines on a late 80\'s-91 K5 yesterday evening

i saw what appear to be dealer or factory aluminum turbine finned wheels on a 87-91 K5 last night, i forgot all about it i was gonna mention it here, the wheels had stock GM truck ralley wheel caps bolted ot them and everything but no decals on the caps, just smooth chrome, and the heads of the three screws that hold the caps to the wheels appeared to be smooth round like rivets and were chromed

wish i had a digicam.

this was dealer or factory right ? just like the late 80s aluminum round-hole design dealer wheels with rally caps, right ?

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: i saw aluminum turbines on a late 80\'s-91 K5 yesterday evening

I've seen factory center caps on a many different types of aftermarket wheels. Hell, there's a guy running around town that has steel white spokes with factory center caps and chrome trim rings on them.

The only factory wheels I have ever seen were the steel rally style and the aluminum modular style.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: i saw aluminum turbines on a late 80\'s-91 K5 yesterday evening

steel white spokes came factory, beginning way back years before,

there is a set of them onmyu stepdads 82 k10 short fleet, you cant put gm capson aftermarket wheels because no pockets for screws to thread into wheels with, aftermarket wheels have flat hub mounting flange soi impossible to attach caps to

the white wagons and the aluminum round hole wheels were factory and.or dealer, and apparently aluminum fins too

they would have to be factory or made specifically for use with GM truck ralley caps or they wont mount to the wheels