Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I saw ANOTHER accident tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Jul 21, 2006.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Why do people drink and drive?

A while back, in January, I saw a fatal head-on collision on the interstate between a drunk woman driving the wrong direction and a semi truck. This one was ugly and there was no body left.

About a month ago I had a car lose control and spin out in front of me on the interstate and almost had about 78,000 pounds rammed through their door. I'm not sure if they were drunk, but they were swerving as if they could have been.

And then tonight (actually early this morning), a young guy was driving quite a bit faster than the 55 MPH speed limit on a rural two lane highway about 8 miles from town. He misses the curve in the road and rolls his car about 4 times and it came to a rest on it's driver side about 250 feet from where he left the road. He must have not been wearing a seat belt because he was thrown from the car. He landed on his back next to the car, and if it would have rolled just a little more and landed on it's wheels it would have crushed the upper 25% of his body. There was a lady driving behind him and I was a ways behind her. We both stop and she calls 911 and I go to help this guy and check to see if any other people were with him. He was alone. He was just laying still and breathing slow but deep. I talked to him and then he opened his eyes and raised his head up. Within a couple minutes he was up and stumbling around. He was real drunk and was asking me "Is that my car?". His cooler and beer were thrown from the car also. It took the emergency people about 10 minutes to show up which is a real good reponse time considering the location of the accident. He refused any medical attention, but the ambulance guys talked him into "getting in the ambulance so we can check you out". They hauled him away shortly after. This is one VERY lucky guy.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Urmm...... so....you're always at these accidents when they happen eh?

Probebly best not to tell the police that!:D (j/k):D

3. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

that sucks, when i had my neck busted, my friend and i layed out in a feild for about an hour i figure, i couldnt move around that great, he was just sitting cross legged and pouting and crying like a f***ing baby, i was yelling for him, but he wouldnt answer me,

so i HAD to get up to see if he was ok... so i did, he was about 100 yards away from me on the other side of his 1989 nissan truck, and after i could sww him, i collapsed, next thing i know, i hear a cehicle coming, so i just ayed there, nothing else i could do, pretty quick he walks over me, he kind of glanced down, he must have saw my eyes move or something because then hes like HOLY $#@^!!! I thought you were dead! i was just like "Well, not yet".....

anyways, i would hate to be the first one to find omething like that, it would scare the bajesus outta me. Well, im gonna go start my day off right and buy a 72 K5 so ill be back later, just gotta wake dad up now :)

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Stupidity.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I saw one yesterday. Guy in a durango rolled, trying to cut across 3 lanes of traffic, to exit @ arround 70 mph:eek1::eek1:.. then this morning I was almost hit by a tire and wheel that flew off a dodge caravan @ 80 mph... that was fun to see

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Can I get an AMEN?!?!