Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I saw the35 spline...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unclematty, May 12, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

dana44 ARB air locker, air lockers suck doodoo. that being said would anyone else be interested in a dana 44 spool that accepted 1 1/2 inch 35spline shafts? I'm considering having a couple made just to see how they hold up. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You'ld still have the little stub shafts that like to break. It'ld be cool for a rear axle I think.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

no, no,no the only part left d44 would be the thehousing itself, I'd go 35 spline stubs too that would solve the strength problems /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I think you would then have to deal with the ring gear and pinion. That would probably be the next thing to break. But the 35 spline stuff sure wouldn't hurt anything.

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd go 35 spline stubs too that would solve the strength problems

[/ QUOTE ]

i was under the impression that full size 35 spline stubs and the matching ujoint will not fit in the knuckle /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd go 35 spline stubs too that would solve the strength problems

[/ QUOTE ]

i was under the impression that full size 35 spline stubs and the matching ujoint will not fit in the knuckle /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people will use dana 60 outers and a dana 44 center section. Strength of a 60 with the clearance of a 44.

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds like a great way to blow a big wad on something that will be a nice paperweight someday! Go for it, and post pics when you do.

8. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like a great way to blow a big wad on something that will be a nice paperweight someday! Go for it, and post pics when you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like running built 1/2 ton axles. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif