Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i say a stuck k5 today, it was stupid, guy didn't plan things very well

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OffRoad, Jul 25, 2003.

1. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i say a stuck k5 today, it was stupid, guy didn\'t plan things very well

i was driving my atv, and i came upon a mudhole, with a k5 in it. the truck was off, there was no one around. it dorve around the edge of the mudhole and carried on.

later, on my way back, there was people around and stuff. the owner was wheeling with a couple guys and trucks at 3am the previous night.

he was totally hung up/ high centered on the axles.

the k5 was bone stock with aggresive snow tires, they might have been mudders, they looked kind of like swampers. but they were tiny, like 31's. i know they were small cause the guy was like "if i had 33's i prolly could've driven through this."

he didn't even have tow hooks, or a highlift.

==============
    this is gettign long, he got out much later with a jeep or something, i wasn't clear.

this guy was a hillbilly, not a yuppie. truck was 80's.
    you can't wheel a bone stock truck and expect to get very far. yeah you can drive down a dirt road, and narrow trils but mud and ruts and stuff are gonna make you need tires and gears and lockers, not to mention obvious tuff like tow hooks. you can get TH an princess auto for like $5

========================================
    ========================================

bottom line:

you can wheel stock atv's and go pretty damn far, you can't do the same with trucks and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: i say a stuck k5 today, it was stupid, guy didn\'t plan things very well

Driver skill is more important than almost anything else. A stock K5 will take you through some amazing terrain if you drive it smart...

A lousy driver can bury a one ton'd rig on 44's in seconds...

Rene

3. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

yes sir. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you are correct.

example: my atv with stock honda tires (pretty worn /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) will go an amazing amount of places. even i'm surprised with the amount of places it will go. taking your time and knowing your vehicles capabilities are the most important things. i know i could have driven the same line this guy took through the hole and made. i'm not 100%, but i'm pretty darn sure. it was water and ruts, i bouce over the ruts and the water wasn't *that* deep. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

i'm not talking up my bike either, i've gotten stuck lots of times. (lets all say it together--->) "if you've never been stuck, you've never been wheeling."

i was mostly bothered by the fact that this guy didn't even have friggin tow hooks. *shakes head* /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

AMEN RENE
    Hence forth my sig.
    IT ISNT WHAT YA DRIVE ITS HOW YA DRIVE IT

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Who needs tow hooks? Just hook it up to the bumper /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yes sir. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you are correct.

example: my atv with stock honda tires (pretty worn /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) will go an amazing amount of places. even i'm surprised with the amount of places it will go. taking your time and knowing your vehicles capabilities are the most important things. i know i could have driven the same line this guy took through the hole and made. i'm not 100%, but i'm pretty darn sure. it was water and ruts, i bouce over the ruts and the water wasn't *that* deep. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

i'm not talking up my bike either, i've gotten stuck lots of times. (lets all say it together--->) "if you've never been stuck, you've never been wheeling."

i was mostly bothered by the fact that this guy didn't even have friggin tow hooks. *shakes head* /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]What kind of ATV is it?

What sucks is that you probably paid more for your ATV than I paid for my truck (not including mods). LOL... I used to be into ATV's pretty hard. I just like trucks a whole lot more.

7. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ha yea i'd agree w/ everybody else, its all about how u drive ur truck! and somebody said "if you've never been stuck, you've never been wheeling."

well i've never been stuck, but i've also heard the sayin "you've never been 4wheeling till u break something!"
    well i can live up to that one, blown 2 tires and busted the front axle outer stub shaft on my K5... it was great!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif