Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i should be up paragon this sunday *update trail report*

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by TorkDSR, Jun 8, 2004.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

open invite, we should be running the harder stuff. blue 3's and blacks.

if i can find a guide maybe take a look at death valley /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    you know... just a look

but my sh|t is all good to go.
    well afaik...

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Re: i should be up paragon this sunday

Wish I had the time to go like you.
    I have to plan my trips in advance...
    Next year won't be like this for me though.
    Boss

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

you should be on co-op and live at home /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you should be on co-op and live at home /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We should all be that lucky. Aaaahhhhhhhhh the days of not being married and no kids. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I remember when 2 hours sleep was a good nights sleep.

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

who the hell needs 2?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    who the hell needs 2?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Somedays I would just like to get 2 hours sleep. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

well, we roll into the gas station mini-mart in hazelton (the one everyone stops at) and after we pick up our sandwiches, we head out to the parking lot to witness some bronco on bronco carnage. as we're about to leave we see a trailer in another group being driven into the sidewall of a fellow wheeler, tearing the sh|t outta it ... funny stuff... if you weren't involved.

we got to the park, met the other two in our group. a toy and a k5, and headed over to whompum. within 300 yds, i'd totalled both sets of shackles. the first set to go took out the spring bolts, easy fix. when the passenger side went, the shackle snapped... uhh f*ck, and it tore my exhaust apart at the header collector, so for the rest of the day i sounded like drag truck

limped her back to the access road, and called A&A auto, they deliver /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

we met the delivery guy back at registration, tipped him a few bucks and went back to install my new hi-performance lift shackles, so not only was it a trail fix, but it was trail upgrade, i now have 3/4" front lift shackles /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

got her back on the trails and then drove around aimlessly for a bit (f*cking navigator (matt)) i took charge and we headed back to the coal road for some action on pipe bender. i love that trail, there are so many lines to choose. we all rocked our way up it someway or another, then turned around and came back down... there should be some great pics from that trail, just gotta get them developed and scanned. on the way back down i was spotting my spotter's driving, and we hung the truck up on a bit of a ledge and found out when i got home that we cracked the tranny case at the transfer case, ill probly tear it down tonight to wee what we can do (JB weld....)

after that the group ran drumstick, and we tweeked the tierod on the toy. there was some good wheels up action that i missed with the camera cause i was running for my life.

after that we drove everthying back to the parking lot, loaded em up and got em home

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds eventful!
    At this rate, by next year, you shouldn't be breaking anymore, since all your parts will be shiny and new /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif