Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I should probably post this here too- PNW folks- Get-together idea?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Can Can, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I was thinking today how it's a shame that I've been a member here since pretty well the beginning of time here at CK5 and have met only one other member in person. It's gonna be a long time before I'm able to make the trek to Moab to join in on the BlazerBash festivities, so if I'm ever gonna meet other CK5ers I'm gonna have to take things into my own hands. I posted this idea in the North forum and the Rocky Mtn forum as well. I should post it here too just in case any of you PNW lads are interested........

Anyways, I own 5 acres about 4 hours west of Calgary in the Kootenay region of BC(about 1 hour north of the US border). It's kinda middle ground for all us southern BC/AB folks as well as northern Montana/Idaho/Washington/Oregon folks and I would be willing to host a "North Region/Rocky Mtn./PNW" long weekend get-together sometime this summer.

I have lots of room for camping, there's an awesome little swimming lake about 5 minutes away(a big boating lake about 20 mins. away, too), and there's loads of forestry trails to explore within 15 minutes of my acreage. The Kootenay river runs right by the property and the fishing is great!!!

If anybody's interested in trying to get this going post up. It would be great to finally put a face to all those names out there. CK5ers are always welcome at my place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    CK5ers are always welcome at my place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Be careful what you wish for.

I wish I was a little closer, sounds like it would be a great time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i wish i had the money to make the trip up there id love to come see canada /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'll have to see what i can do and afford. Last time I was up in BC was in the late 80's and it was to Penticton...beautiful country up there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a blast! My family takes a week long vacation every summer for a rafting trip. We do lots of local stuff, but we make one trip out of state to someplace new every summer. We were going to raft the Kootenay river this last summer, but it didn't work out. We ended up in Montana instead. If you put some dates on it. Let me know. It's be fun to combine a wheeling/rafting trip! My wife has friends up your way too, so she'd be all up for the trip!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif