Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I smashed it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Aug 8, 2001.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

well it happened again it is totaled for the second time well here go's my story. About a year ago on a rainy day i went to slow down when i started to slide and i was doing about 45 mph and i hit a mini van head on. It totaled mine and the van and it was my fault and i had liability only and it was flawless 86 k5 blazer that i had just painted 1 month before it was a totale loss but with determaition i rebuilt it back to the way it was and then some like 4 inch lift two day old 33,s well yesterday i was sitting at a stop light and there was a wreck accross the street and i was waiting for the light too turn green so i could make a left when all the sudden when i looked back bamm a pontiac montana mini-van plowed into me doing 60 head on totaling it again but this time the frame is beyond repair this sucks so much even thugh it was her fault the police say that i was running the red light but the lady was looking at the wreck. and not paying attetion so they make it look my fault because i am only 17 teen years old i don't what to do my parents cant help me because my brother is ging to college i mean i put all my blood sweat and tears into that to have a total loss new engine transmission rearend lift were going to battle in court but if i lose iam screwed i cant belive this happened again i will try to get pics up to show yall even though i was no one was hurt i still lost my life in that wreck because my car is my life. if any body has any spare parts like a blazer fram or front clip i am going to try fix aven my lift is ruined gotta go.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's the $hits man - maybe you should look into upgrading to a tube chassis?

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. chevyboy24598

chevyboy24598 1/2 ton status

Next time you should reinforcement the frame and body with heavy steel. Then when they hit you, you will have minimum damage. j/k

Rust=Good
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bodatious.com> bodatious </a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudboggingfun.homestead.com> my site </a>

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Very sorry to hear it. Fight tooth and nail. Even if you did run the light, she still rammed into you, so how does running the light make anything your fault??? Logically, if you did run the light, she would've damaged you worse, right??

Edit: Wait a minute, she hit you in the front?? If you were running the light, would not the debris from your wreck be in the intersection as evidence of your position? I had to point that out to a cop in one of my wrecks once, so he wrote the position and determined fault correctly in the report.

Ratch
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com&gt;k5.8m.com&lt;/a&gt;
    **Your ad here**<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by newyorkin on 08/08/01 02:44 PM.</FONT></P>

6. blazentank

yea i tride to show them that but they wouldn't listen i thaink that the cop knew the lady in the wreck that hit me and the only witness that came forward knew the lady from church so i guess i am screwd but i wont go down without a fight i just cant belive it happened again. I put so much money into that i have recipts for about 6000 dollars and then some but if any body out there knows of any body with a nice mid eighties straight body little rust blazer maybe bad motor or transmission please reply or maybe just a good front clip or even a frame. But if any body in texas has any extra parts they need to get rid reply please.

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Hey man sorry to hear that. I'm the same way I don't know what I'd do if it happened...but I fight to the death! #1 GET A LAWYER!!!
    Always the smart thing to do.

GoodLuck
    Chris\

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]

8. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Man I am so sorry, I feel your pain. I am just happy to hear you are ok. It's bad enough to lose a k5, but 10 times worse to lose a member to something like this. I know how you feel. When I was 16 I starting building up my Caddy seville. I had put a 400HP motor into that front wheel drive car along with 3 striaght years of blood sweat and tears. I took it out one day before finals, I never drove it much at all. Some a$$ plowed into me on the Highway and pushed me into a guard rail at 60 MPH. He took off on top of everything. I was in the hospital for 5 days and lost my car. I didn't get to take my finals either. Guess the moral of the story is be happy that you are okay. Cars can be rebuilt and replaced, you can not. Also if I rememer correctly, check the for sale forum. I remember reading someone in Texas had a Tub or complete body for sale, straight with no rust. Think it was going for $700. I know of a guy by me that has a frame but don''t think it would be worth your while all the way from texas. Good luck to ya.
    Mike

You call that dirty!?&lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by mpascino on 08/08/01 04:53 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Glad you are ok... all I can say is get a lawyer. I'm going through crap right now due to this lady lying about our wreck... fight it to the death even if you are 17... if this woman is a church lady that's sad she'd lie like that. What a crappy example to everyone... hope she gets what is coming to her if she lies and thinks it's ok (which she will God has a funny way of working things out for those people). Go out there to that area and talk to people. See if anyone saw anything. Do it soon so the accident is still fresh in their minds.... See if anyone has a security camera set up facing that area at all. Might have that intersection in the background or something. Worth a shot? If you were running the light wouldn't she had nailed you on the right side since you were turning left? How do hit someone head on if they are in the process of turning? If you are sitting still facing her then that's only how she could hit you head on... that cop is a dumb idiot. Besides what happened to measuring skid marks? Even if you did run it she's just as much at fault for driving 60mph! I doubt any surface street has a 60mph speed limit... I'm telling you fight it because this is just wrong! Don't let them use your age against you... get what is rightfully yours!

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

10. blazentank

thanks for yalls help she didn't even hit me head it was more of the left side to and yes if i was turning and running the red light she would have hit my on the right side but do yall know of any body with a cheap mid eighties blazer for sale no rust nice body in the south texas area even a front clip would work she even broke my front left tire almost off and it smashed in my fender and door the neat thing is she drove under my front left side because her driver side pillar and roof were creshed with my red paint on top kinda scary the good thing is when she hit the tire it absorbed alot of the energy i cant belive she broke the steering bar on the front axle

11. blazentank

thanks for yalls help she didn't even hit me head it was more of the left side to and yes if i was turning and running the red light she would have hit my on the right side but do yall know of any body with a cheap mid eighties blazer for sale no rust nice body in the south texas area even a front clip would work she even broke my front left tire almost off and it smashed in my fender and door the neat thing is she drove under my front left side because her driver side pillar and roof were crushed with my red paint on top kinda scary the good thing is when she hit the tire it absorbed alot of the energy i cant belive she broke the steering bar on the front axle

12. blazentank

thanks for yalls help she didn't even hit me head it was more of the left side to and yes if i was turning and running the red light she would have hit my on the right side but do yall know of any body with a cheap mid eighties blazer for sale no rust nice body in the south texas area even a front clip would work she even broke my front left tire almost off and it smashed in my fender and door the neat thing is she drove under my front left side because her driver side pillar and roof were crushed with my red paint on top kinda scary the good thing is when she hit the tire it absorbed alot of the energy i cant belive she broke the steering bar on the front axle

13. blazentank

thanks for yalls help she didn't even hit me head it was more of the left side to and yes if i was turning and running the red light she would have hit my on the right side but do yall know of any body with a cheap mid eighties blazer for sale no rust nice body in the south texas area even a front clip would work she even broke my front left tire almost off and it smashed in my fender and door the neat thing is she drove under my front left side because her driver side pillar and roof were creshed with my red paint on top kinda scary the good thing is when she hit the tire it absorbed alot of the energy i cant belive she broke the steering bar on the front axle

14. blazentank

hey how the he@* did that happen any body know how to get rid of the three extra post looks stupid

15. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

My condolences. Keep your head up and keep what's REALLY important in focus.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hit the "edit" button, then delete the posts. If that doesn't work, just edit them and delete everything.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Your ad here**

17. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My sister is also 17 and the exact same thing happened to her last month. She went through the light and right after the traffic stopped. Some lady in a van looked away to see what was going on, ran a red light and ran right into the back of my sisters cavalier. Pushed the trunk over the rear window and she hit the car in front of her also. Sucks about your blazer, sounded pretty nice. If you have that much in the truck, take all that stuff out and put it on another truck. If someone tottaled my blazer thats what I would do. </font color=blue>

18. blazentank

any one know of any parts blazers mid 80's please reply

19. blazentank

20. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Kyle, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Most importantly, you are okay. I felt the same way when I smashed my 1970 Chevelle against a telephone pole, but that's another story. Hey, I've looked through a bunch of the Houston area auto/truck traders and am always finding reasonably priced K5s and Chevy pick ups in there. I'm sure you can find something there or at a nearby junkyard. Just look around and keep your head up, man.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chriswhitley.com>www.chriswhitley.com</a>