Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Sold my K5 :( :) :?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Hathaway, May 17, 2002.

1. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

It just had to be done. As i'm sure my sig still says it was an '86 and it LOOKED great. But under that look was a pile of poo. The 305 was...well it was a 305 what more needs to be said? Rust in the rockers, no biggie, but it had spread to the area where the seat belts mount, and the passenger seat had broken through the floor on one mounting point even. 10 bolts front and rear. It was just so depressing to drive.

So i'm the Proud (cringing in preperation for stones and old 10bolt axles to be thrown at me) owner of a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Hey at least its not a car right?

http://members.sounddomain.com/notbaad to see pics of both the K5 and the Ram.

I still have dreams of building a beastly K5, and i still wear my COK5 shirt around town /forums/images/icons/wink.gif But the here and now required a vehicle i could trust driving. Not one i worried about what was going to fall off next, where i'd be stranded, or if i got in a fender bender would my passenger fly out the front window still in their seat....

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Shame on you. LOL. I would like a good Dodge. My father was a Mopar man. He had some mean mopars. You can always get yourself another K/5 when the right one comes alone.

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thats cool /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I think your truck looks awsome, white is the best color too. How is the room in those things? I hear the They are more comfy then the extended cab chevys.

Im sure it feels really good to have a truck to depend on especially a new one, and hey, you can still go wheeling I bet the dodge does great.

Congradulations on the new truck. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Good lookin Ram. Cant wait to get mine.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> That kind of sucks, but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do !

6. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Hey, I know the feeling man. I'm trying to sell my current 92 Blazer IFS POS, but not having any luck. The used car market is stingy as hell right now, and all the folks around here are even stingier. Keep saying my truck has high miles on it with 103,000 miles and I want to much. It's in great shape, no rust, well taken care of, and since when was 103k high miles on a 10 year old vehicle?/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'm starting to think if no one bites on the 92 I might go trade it in on a 1/2 ton Ram. Seen a couple stripper models around here for 4 digit numbers. Solid axles, a big V8, coil springs up front, leafs in the rear, good looks, and they fit 33's without to much trouble stock./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Works for me. I can wait and find a K5 later as long as I can still have a solid axle 4x4./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

My intention is to purchase a K5, but I gotta get one out of state because Michigan winters and road salt made most of the survivors up here rolling wrecks./forums/images/icons/frown.gif So it just complicates things.

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I will forgive you on one condition. Take the girlie running boards or whatever...ground effects? off /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Nice looking truck btw!

8. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

Running boards? GAH where are you looking /forums/images/icons/wink.gif First thing that came off my K5 were the running boards. The ram has nothing of the sort on it. No ground effects either. I do have chrome rockers on it but no running boards/ground effects.

The room in the Ram's is GREAT. Sooooo very comfy. I regularly haul 4 of my friends around, and if i had 5 friends we could even fit the 5th easily /forums/images/icons/wink.gif You sit nice and high in them. Alot of the other trucks i test drove i felt like i was sitting down low for some reason, legs stretched way out. This is like sitting ina TRUCK /forums/images/icons/smile.gif THe solid axle was a big selling point for me. And i still get a damn smooth ride. As for the off road thing, give it a few years and maybe /forums/images/icons/wink.gif As for now i baby the girl far far too much to do any serious off roading. I'll hit logging roads to go camping/fishing or what not, but nothing resembling serious wheelin.

Oh and 33's do fit stock. i've got 305/70R16's on there with no lift and i only get slight rub if i'm turning and i get some compression on the front. Rear gets no rub at all. I put a tool box in her the other day /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I do miss the k5 a tad though i must admit.