Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I still aint done. At least I'm making progress

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Sep 21, 2003.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

I still aint done. At least I\'m making progress

Wanna hear my sob story? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, if not, don't read further /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I get a steering box back from Matt on Wed., and say, yahoo, I can get my hi-steer/ hydro done for the 20th. NOT. Stupid me sent him a box with O-ring fittings, not compression like I had originally on the K5. So off to Napa I go looking for a solution. Come up with using a custom hydraulic hose with compression fittings to clamp to the tubing that I had for the o-ring style box. But wait, we're all out of 3/8 fittings, can get some by tomorrow....great /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Back to the garage, I get the hi steer arms in, no problemo. Modify my pump, get things back in place, and try to figure out where to mount the ram. Best place is on the diff to the tie rod. I get Tye to come over and help me decide. He says- "ya know welding to cast can be an issue", and it dawns on me, I'm a retard for the 2nd time. So I call a few friends about welding the cast stuff (even though it's cast steel), and to do it right is way too much trouble for the time I have. I am not about to risk welding on a 60, it's not like if I cracked it I could go get another down at the 'ol salvage yard /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Back to the drawing board, finally figure out how to mount the damn thing, get all the pieces cut, tacked in, yada yada. Then trying to figure the best hose routing, man, that ain't no easy chore /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Wound up hacking a bunch of metal from the fender skirts so they wouldn't rub on the upper hose. The routing will still be booty fab, and look like sh-it but at least it will clear everything /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. I just got back from Dr. Jones' place welding on the ram mounts with his big welder.

What an adventure

P.S. Hey Russ, thanks for the help the last few days /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: I still aint done. At least I\'m making progress

You can change the fitting in the back of the pump to an o-ring fitting and use a pressure hose from a 80 and up K-series to keep from having to make a bunch-o-custom stuff. I have several fittings, which I realize doesn't do you much good, but if you need one it's all yours. If you need any numbers for hoses etc, give me a call.
    Good luck man.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Nick /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Got it finished today, and ran the Mangler this afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Steering is good, no leaks. TBI made a huge difference on a certain obstacle, which no-one has ever made, until today...bwahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif