Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think I am getting rid of the Burb

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 27, 2002.

Well I think I finally found a nice clean K5 to start building. It is a 1986 and is bone stock, Silver with a blue stripe down the side, has the 305 and 700R4/NP208 and 73,000 miles on it. Also comes with a complete 454 motor for a builder. I will definately know by this coming Monday. i hate to see the old burb go, but it has been fun for over four years and it is time to build me another K5.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif oh no! don't do it man!

if you wanna build a K5 it's your choice, i'd love to build one, but if it came to getting rid of my suburban for it, i wouldn't do it.

2. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Especially such a nicely built sub. would be ashame to throw away such work and can you say awsome parts (probably expensive too) Well hope you find happyness. LOL

3. I have played with the Burb for over 4 years now and wanted my K5 back from the day I bought the Burb. I will miss the ole girl deeply, but it is time to move on. I'm only 34, there is allot of livin' still left in me, so there may be another Burb somewhere down the road. Hmmmmm maybe a Burb tow vehicle.

4. True on the parts and everything else. You only live once and you should live it like there is no tommorrow.

5. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Amen brother! I just think that for the price you could save alot by just stripping the burb and putting it all on a k5. Probably part out the remainder of the brub and make more in the long run. Just a thought. course I wouldn't have the heart to tear it apart! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. I just don't have the heart to tear her apart and parts to replace the upgraded ones are long gone. I think we are gonna do the trade tommorrow.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok then, lets all have a moment of silence as we lose a member of the sub culture to a K5... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

what ever makes you happy man. go with it.

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

9. The guy bailed on me last night !! I guess I am bound to keep the ole girl ! This is the second time someone has bailed on me the day before the deal was to go down.

10. Now that was SAD !! True silence !!

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

If I could afford it, I'd be glad to take your Burb off your hands & keep it in the family at the same time. I've wanted it ever since you were tryting to sell it last year to buy your house. YES, that long. Anyway, maybe that guy wouldn't have been the best owner of your Burb. Maybe he wouldn't have treated her with the kindness & attention she truly deserved. It might have just been for the best!!

12. She definately needs someone to care about here again. I have lost all interest in her a while back. Oh well like you said, it wasn't meant to be.

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If only you were closer....................... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

course you should build what you want,id have to say you have a great burban.
    but just between you and i,i know of a custom place that can stretch and add another set of doors on your k5??
    just a thought.
    goodluck

15. I had thought about shortening the Burb at one point, but I just can't hack her up. She has a rust free straight body.

16. I know, I know, quit rubbing it in !! I called a hotshot driver one time and got a quote for $1200 to $1300 one time last year from KY to CA. Not bad for a trip that far, but more than I have to spend.