Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think I found a doner truck. NEED HELP with price.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 02turbogixxer, Jan 27, 2007.

1. 02turbogixxer

02turbogixxer Registered Member

I have a 96 2wd Chevy that no longer has Reverse, 2, or overdrive but other than that it is a nice truck. I really don't have the money to go get a complete rebuild right now but yesterday I was dropping my girlfriend off at the tanning place and I saw a totaled out 95 Chevy across the street. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I think that 4l60E's came in Chevy trucks from 93-up with the 98-up being the LS1 style trannys.

To make a long story short I ended up finding the lady that owns the truck and she said that it was her 17 yr old son and he wrecked it acting a fool. She said she doesn't know how much she wants for it and the motor has 30,000 miles on it but it is a 305 and I have no use for it. Basically she wants me to give her a price of what the parts are worth. According to the owner of the tanning place across the street it has been sitting there for years and her son really didn't care about anything.

The reason I am writing this is because I wanted to know if you guys think that my offer would be reasonable. Knowing the way her son treated that truck and the fact that it has been sitting over there awhile I was going to offer her $100 for the tranny and $100 for the rearend with springs and all. Does that sound reasonable to you guys? The reason I am wanting the rearend is because my locker is going out in mine and that is what caused my tranny to take a crap. It will stay locked when I am turning and basicly stops the truck from turning unless I give it some gas. One day when it did this I heard a loud bang and thought the locker finally took a crap but it ended up being my tranny instead. I was going to use the rear springs on my '84 Blazer.

Also if there is anything anyone wants off this truck let me know and I will see if it is damaged for ya. The right side (pass side) looks like it slide sideways into a post and then flipped on its roof. All the interior is gone. The grile and lights are gone but from the radiator back to the cab everything looks to be there (computers, a/c, fuse box, wiper motor etc..). I will try to take a quick pic with my phone but for now you can just visualize.

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Sounds reasonable. All she can say is no:D

3. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I had a lady pay me to "Get that damn thing out of here". It had about 1000 bucks worth of her ex husbands Craftsmans tools in the trunk. She gave 50 bucks to haul off a 89 mustang with a motor torn down to block. All the parts were in the front sseat???:??. once i got it on the trailer she came out and handed me the title and it was in her name. I handed her the money back and said have a good day and left as fast as i could.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

doner than what?

Most trucks out there are doner than mine. I'm nowhere near being finished yet.

:D

5. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would get the whole truck, try the $100 offer, if she balks let her sit on it a while. She might just be glad to get rid of it.

6. 02turbogixxer

02turbogixxer Registered Member

Yeah I think I am going to try to get the whole truck for $100 and if that doesn't work then I will offer her $200 but not more than that. I just found out that she has been getting citations from the city because there is a city ordanance here that will not allow you to have a non running vehicle sit within site of the street. I guess since this is a small town they are trying to get out of the stereo type of a hick town where people used to park there cars in the front yard and let them sit.