Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i think i found some doors

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 85burbanator, May 13, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

in my search to find a respectable rear end for my rig i stumbled across some very mint doors from amid 80's quad cab truck. will they fit my burb? they dont have any inerds in them and are factory but the guy is askin 225-250 a piece and i want all 4. he said a grand and they were mine. i that a good price? they are is imaculate condition but are empty.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That price seems WAY on the high side to me, but then, body parts don't melt away from road salt around here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, let me check on them.
    I want to say that's about what I could get new GM doors for.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

for that price, plus a little more, you could buy my 77 suburban ( 1800, and I'll be happy) and it comes with a 454/400 in it ( 2wd) doors are ok, although this thing once lived in a rust belt.

the front doors you can usually accquire for a mere 80 at any junkyard... the rears can be a little harder, but can be had for about 120-150 each. LMC sells replacement doorskins, and doors... the skins suck, but at 80 appiece, (180 with the guts in them) they're not too bad... the rear doorskins cost a helluvalot more tho... more like 250 for the skins, and 450 with the guts in them.

good luck with it tho,

-Rich

5. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

it does seem kinda pricy and prly on go wth thm. he has tons of doors.the gy spializes in late 70's to late 80's subs and full sizes. he has plnty of doors and trucks. but hes kind of stubborn on parting them out for some reason.

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Employee price if I was to pick them up at the warehouse is as follows.
    Front doors:$415 ea /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    rear doors: $269 ea.
    Both +tax.
    I don't know what's going on with the price on the fronts. I remember when they were $150, then jumped too $210. The rears have been $250ish for the last 10 years.
    If you want new fronts I'd find an aftermarket supplier that can get the canadian ones. We tried a set of oversea imports once and the fit so poorly it wasn't funny. Shimmed the door enough to close and there was a 3/8" gap along the A-pillar /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, talk about wind leak!