Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i think i just bought a truck!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Dec 9, 2004.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

been looking for a truck to build as a trailrig. i just got off the phone with a guy that has a newspaper ad. he has 2 trucks, a 85 chevy 1/2 ton flatbed. 350 auto-208 newer motor-edelbrock intake-carb-headers etc. $500 obo! he also has a project 63 chevy on a blazer chassis with 350 th350 np203 also $500 obo. the 63 sounds tempting cause the blazer wheelbase but the 85 ran until the crossmember for the tranny loosened which cracked the tranny. what do you guys think???

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

^^^^What Fred said:woot::woot:

4. rubbinz raczn

buy both
    the guy said he would make me a great deal on both. on problem is i will need a place to stay when the wife throws me out!

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Go Big or Go Home!

6. blazen86

blazen86 Registered Member

Hey if the wife throws you out, at least youll have your choice of trucks to sleep in.

7. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

buy em both. when i bought my blazer my parents were pissed(yes i still live with the parentals) and threatened to kick me out. i told them i have the master bed room(85 burban) and the guest house (85 blazer). my mom kinda snickered and went on her way.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have been looking into a newer ride too--yesterday I talked to my friend that I bought my 79 C10 and 82 K20 from--he's into buying and selling used vehicles,and gets some awesome deals--he has an 89 K30 4x4,454,TH400,(recently rebuilt)all heavy duty suspension,with a fisher plow,its had a brand new gas tank,fuel lines,sending unit and fuel pump,recent valve job and timing chain,runs good,hardly any rust on the body,no frame rot or other damage(I havent looked at it yet,but I trust him--he gave me a great deal on the other 2 trucks I got from him)---he's asking 2500 for the truck,but yesterday someone backed out of buying it because they couldnt get the money,after he had filled out the title,so now he has to apply for a duplicate title,which will delay him from being able to sell it for another 2 weeks or so til the DMV sends the duplicate--and he was counting on the sale of the truck to pay his Xmas bills,so he told me if I wanted it I could buy it for 1500 cash--or he would sell it to me for 750 and my 79 C10--since the 79 will likely spend all winter sitting in the garage to avoid rusting it any worse(its pretty mint for a 79,but not perfect)--and I have my 74 K20 to scrap or part out,that will bring at least 250 bucks--I'm very tempted to go for it.. I dont really like the newer body style or the IFS,but I'm not sure this truck will be the new body style or not???---if I go look at it and it has the "classic" 73-87 body style--I'll probably sell my soul so I can buy it!!!--I like the 79 C10,but its a summer truck,its usless to me in the winter,cant plow with a 2wd,and I wouldnt want to salt it up and watch it rust away--maybe its time to upgrade--if I do,it will be the first vehicle I've kept only a few years--usually I have them til death do us part!(had the 74 since 1990,my van too!)--hows that for a deal???--think I should go for it???.

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

you can come stay with me and buy both!!!! lol my wife just left AGAIN (and for the last time:saweet::saweet::saweet:now all the time to work on trucks in the world:waytogo:

10. diesel4me

Oh yeah!!--I think you should buy them both too!!-(sorry,I didnt mean to hijack your post!)-but since I'm an old chevy luvin fool,what else would I say!...and sleeping in the truck aint so bad,you'll get used to it...the 63 does sound like a neat toy,the other truck has to e worth 500 if it has a decent body and needs only a tranny..I looked at a 79 K10 4x4 recently that I could get for 300,(without a bed)but it needs TONS of work,it would be a better parts truck than a driver--but the scrapyards will pay 300 for a 4x4,so its hard to buy anything for less that has any potential...If I had the cash I'd buy all the trucks I could right now--one local salvage yard is closing for a whole week starting monday,to do nothing but remove trucks and cars and send them to the crusher--they have already taken nearly every 80's and older GM trucks out already--I'm going to be bummin when it comes time for any older parts,there wont be any more trucks to strip--it sucks....the world is moving much too fast around here all of a sudden....

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i seen a pair of 78 blazers ran and moved for $300 only wish i could have got there in time a couple weeks ago

12. azblazer69

azblazer69 Registered Member

Dude... If your wife is gonna run you off over a grand and a couple of trucks... At least youll have something to remember her by... GET EM'

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

true at least u get something out of the deal.

14. rubbinz raczn

went and looked at the trucks today. bought the 85. nice diamondplate flatbed,no rust,newer paint on cab,just one dent in drivers door,he is throwing in 5 6 hole stock rally wheels on the deal $500!

15. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Diesel4me....Wait, didn't all 1 tons up to '90 or '91 still have the d60 under the front? If indeed they have the SFA, this sounds like a hell of a deal. But, I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Hope I'm right for your sake.
    Joe

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  16. diesel4me

I 've only seen the truck from driving by it so far--its the "new" body style,with the independent front suspension--I suspect it might not be a "true" 3500 series,it might be a 3/4 ton--I wont be able to get a close look until the owner is home--I'm seriously considering getting it--despite the fact I hate emission tests,computers,and know little about EFI---but I have to upgrade someday anyway--cant live in the past forever,much as I'd like too--and I think the newer truck will be more of an investment than a 79 C10 in the long run--at least this one is 4x4 and has a plow,and the body isnt too bad for the year--I'd buy it and keep my C10 if I had the cash--but I wouldnt be able to store them all--and it would only go to hell from sitting--so it might be going away---I'll miss it--until I feel what an injected 454 feels like compared to a 305!..