Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i think i may have found my engine running rough problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Aug 15, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a guy at work has a 79 firebird he just bought and it ran sh!tty.he had the carb rebuilt,still back fired ocasionaly and had crappy throttle response(pretty much how mine is). after changing everything he could think of it still ran the same(just like mine).some days good some not. and if it stalled it was hard to start(just like mine). so he changed the ignition module and it runs like a raped ape.going to try that soon. what do you guys think? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it's worth a try, to me.

3. boggerless

i hope so i'm tired of chasing this ghost. like i said one day its fine the next it runs like crap. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

didn't you get a distributor with your crate motor?

yea the module is probably the problem

5. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

You didn't put any ford parts on it did you? They have been know to transfer STDs (Start To Dismantle).

6. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

sounds like its worth a shot, ignition modules can be really tricky, sometimes they'll work alright, sometimes they wont, usually tend to stop working when they're hot and work again once they're cool.

7. boggerless

hell no, mine was the strait up nothing going on block. TJ do you have any shimm's for the rear???i think i can solve my prob with that. the rear of my truck i should say. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif(oh the long distance is back) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifPOS mci. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. boggerless

HEY F**K YOU /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif B BURBY where have you been ?????? except for the shock towers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif it's all chevy until i run into a oversea's part. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i still want to try for the $100.00 for crossing your buds backyard. lets see if the side treads bite. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. big83chevy4x4

no i don't, i think i have some tapered blocks around hee somewhere though. good on the long distance. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. big83chevy4x4

so did the module solve your problem?

11. boggerless

doing it tommorow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i wish there was a cross your fingers graemlin.i'm almost posative thats it. I WANT HER DONE!! hey did you get one of those flags for the front of your truck??? i saw another one today. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. boggerless

thats what my bud greg said, man i hope this works. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. big83chevy4x4

yea i have one, you need a 9' flag for silver lake. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif only $15 up there /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

so how she run /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you need a flag to run trails in some places?:???
    what for visability?

hope your trucks worken better buddy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. big83chevy4x4

here you need a flag for silver lake sand dunes, its so when your climbing the hills people climbing the hill in the other direction can see you also. most places are 6' flags, but here they are 9' flags that need to be 10' high.

there was one point my last time there where im glad they were 9' flags because i only seen the top 6" of the flag and it wasn't far away. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif