Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think I'm gonna be sick

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I think I\'m gonna be sick

[​IMG] I believe this was at one time a 69-71 Blazer [​IMG]. I hope I don't see another disgrace like this again [​IMG]. The worst part is that is the title image for blazer-net.com, a web ring for 1st gen Blazers.

K5:Big, slow, and flys through snow. [​IMG]

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Re: I think I\'m gonna be sick

different strokes for different folks!
    The 72 Blazer i bought this past summer was slated to have the 4X4 system removed and a 2X put in and then have the hole thing lowered. I guess you could say i saved it !

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i would never do that to a blazer nor do i particularly like it but if the owner likes it, good for him,
    i would like to drive it though, it looks like fun to drive

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

What a waste.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

To each his own. I dont really like lowered K5's by hey at least it is a K5 and I still respect the time and money spent that people spend on 'em [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

not to fond of it being lowerd but they did a great job on the truck awsome body and paint. now just raise it back up and put 38's on it and i would like it even better

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

7. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Well, I kind of like it.. It's not too often you see someone take that route on them and IMHO that thing looks sweet. I'd own one.. =)

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://josh.coloradok5.com>http://josh.coloradok5.com</A>

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

what bout speed bumps though? lol its got a nice paint job

[​IMG]

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sorry dude but that thing gives me wood! Hate to tell you this but if I come across a 2x4 69-72 My plans are not far from what that truck is. Not quite as low but it's definatly getting the handels shaved and turned into a respectable street rod. Hell I may even dump my Supra and use it as a daily driver to justfy it to my wife. The must have's is a TPI 350 and either a 6 speed or a 700r4 so I can get about 18mpg out of it. May even get that bolt in independant rear suspension they Have out now so I can get itto handle like a sprorts car. Never fear, there will still be 1 or 2 other 4x4 K5's in the yard with trail rash.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

10. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My nephew in law did a 72 kinda sorta like this one...had Fat Alberts all around, so it looked fairly ok...I ain't crazy about the look, but at least he did put an LT1 outta Firebird in it...his current project is tubbing a 62 Vette...his driver is a 92 Tahoe with no lift, but at least he does wheel it when he goes hunting...he's stationed in Ft Wainwright , Alaska for the next 3 yrs, so I'm hopin' that livin' in the wild for awhile will alter his tastes to include some lifted wheelin' machines...it really does take talent and imagination, (not to mention a lot of hard work) to produce something this radical...JD

89 Jimmy headers built 700R Auburns Molys 4:10 4" 10B/12B Con-ferrs 10" Rallies 33" BFG Muds Alpine/Fosgate

11. Blazer_Boy

It is an excellent job of workmanship, but why a nice old K5? Its just kinda being something that it isn't, its a Blazer, not a street-rod. I always do my usual bit of over reaction in my first post but I'd still rather see a K5 Blazer instead of a Mexican Street Cruiser.

12. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

You did know....

You did know that it was originally a 4x2 not a 4x4 right?
    [​IMG]
    And why a K5, well it probably was chosen because of it being a 67-72. These are HOT on the truck scene now. On top of that, a 4x2 K5 is hard as heck to find. Here is more pics of that truck. http://www.captkaoscustoms.com

13. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

O.K. fellas, please forgive the rant I'm about to post! Blazer boy... first let me say that not everyone thinks like you. I have a 72 with 11"s of lift, with 40"s on it. And I like many others on this board would love to have a 2wd blazer like that to park under my lifted 4wd. Many people like lowered pick up, a blazer is just a step farther. Saying a 2wd blazer is a wast is just stupid. It's really no different than having a 2wd truck. Some people don't need to play in the dirt. Now, as for that STUPID A$$ ^*&#ING remark of yours about a MEXICAN STREET CRUISER...I for one, being half mexican myself find that remark stupid,steryotipical, and it just flat out PISSES ME OFF! DO you enjoy being reffered to as a "DUMB A$$ REDNECK WITH FOUR CROOKED TEETH" just because you live in the mid west, and like 4wd blazers? Think about what you post before you post it...that's why they have that little box below your post, to review it! Sorry fellas, but I hate that cr@p.

[image]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1328774&a=9975627&p=33244094[/image]

14. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Re: You did know....

That thing is f$$king bad!!!! I'd rather see it like that than rusting away in someone's yard, and besides, it started life with only two wheel drive, so it was meant to stay ON the road.[​IMG]

BlazerBoy, I didn't notice your "Mexican street cruiser" remark until now. Just like HIHUM, I'm also of Mexican decent, so yes it's safe to say that I'm offended by stuff like that. But since you're couple thousand miles away I can't do anything about it (and believe me I would). The only thing I can tell you is that you're better off changing your attitude before you mouth off like that in front of someone who ends up beating the crap out of you.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by talldogg on 01/04/01 09:53 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

15. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

Um I usually dont get into arguements like this but did you consider that he may have been meaning that as a compliment? (mexican street cruiser) If he didnt mean it that way then shame on him. But i happen to think mexicans can build one hell of a showpiece. And being raised in Victoria Tx. I can say that im in no way slighting against mexicans or any other for that matter. I have friends that are mexicans and thier loyalty amazes me. But you accuse somebody of being rash and there might be a chance that you may be doing the same!!! i know it may be unlikely but hey arent we all here to help each other?? and if somebody makes a off comment then just ignore it as somebody's ignorance and let it slide. Better than starting a fued.

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74

16. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Channing,
    I'm not looking to start a fued, especially here and over the web. It'd be nothing more than agreviation, him being some where behind a screen and me a thousand miles away behind another. His comment isn't worth it. In case you didn't notice, I actually gave him some advice.
    Another thing, I really doubt that he meant it as a compliment, just a hunch. So if I'm working on my truck and I "ni&&er rig" something, then that's a compliment too? Come awn. Call me "rash" if you want, it's just a defensive reaction.
    The truth is I did figure it was just an example of his ignorance. First he assumed that no one was going to like the truck he posted and then he assumed that there must not be any Mexicans here since this is a "lifted four-by" forum. But I guess he was wrong, sorry.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

17. Blazer_Boy

Boy I outta set this straight before it gets outta hand. If I didn't like Mexican's I would have said something derogatory along with calling it a street cruiser, I did not and will not. I live in town that has several packing houses like IBP and John Morell so we have lots of immigrants. I see all kinds of there customized vehicles and they take pride in them, they're always clean and running well. I didn't mean it as anything derogatory, just a style of vehcile. I have an '82 K5 with 31" tires on it and KC lights, it look likes some young white boy's truck, another title. I'm truly sorry if anyone got the wrong idea, I just like the stock look of the Blazer, its just an opnion, no one is right.

I know several Mexicans and one is a good friend of my uncle's. He manufacture's pallets for a living, he started the business from nothing and now is rather successful. He helps my uncle out by giving him the pallet scraps to burn for heat in the winter. My uncle has also gotten a summer worker through him. I worked with him during the summer and he was always happy and could out work me twice over.

Sorr 'bout the confusion [​IMG]

18. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

You're messing up Slydog. [​IMG] The solution is simple..

HYDRAULICS!!!!!!

<font color=blue>"You call it clearance, I call it head room." [​IMG]</font color=blue>

19. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

how vas i sposed to know? lol yeah hyrdraulics i wouldnt have said that if i woulda known [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

That would be nice to have hydraulics to go that low then come up to however high you want (within limits). Then i wouldnt have to hear all my female friends complain about how high my truck is ..........

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74