Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i think im gonna build a streetrod next

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Oct 27, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

my buddy took me for a ride in his uncles street rod today. its a moderately built 350/th400/ford 9". very minimal body. it was sooooooooo cooool!!!! i have never felt acceleration like that. and it was fairly simple too. nothing real fancy on it. i definetly want one now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

dood hey get t-bucket frame body and put a honda F20(s2000 motor) in it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifme too, buddy of mine has a 37' ford pick up and its also mildly built but its a blast to ride in.....next summer i start mine......32' ford roadster pickup chevy powered though

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm thinking of a street machine. I'd like a little body around me. I have a 1970 LeMans sport convertable sitting in the garage I need to dig out and work on...502 might be fun in that. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

NICE! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    The key is to strip everything out of the car and get it as light weight as possible... HP to WT ratio is everything.
    My camaro weighs 3380 with a 454 and my friends '68 weighs 2800 with a 327. that 600 lbs makes a hell of a difference.. he's not too far behind me with less power...
    Still, Big Blocks are where its at! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I love being all motor and still pulling on guys with LS1's and power adders. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

When I get my 4x4 trail truck done (havent really even started yet) I am planning on this for a street rod setup.

350 V8 powered, S10 2wd chassis, 1947-54 body... Have most of the parts laying around already too.

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

im gettin my project car tonite. a 1986 camaro z-28. it has a T5 trans which is what im lookin for for high hp. i would really like to drop my 454 in it, but ive heard it is a lot of extra work and money to modify it to fit. so, im rebuilding my 350 with forged pistons and am gonna drop it in there. the only problem too with camaros is the fact that they are unibody. that in turn adds in some extra money to drop in the subframe. but i think in the end its all gonna b worth it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    NITRO

8. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i cant decicde weather i want to use a classic car body, like a nova or camero. or just have a tube body. that would definetly take can of the weight issues, and nobody else has it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif