Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think it's the month for douchebags at Little America

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I think it\'s the month for douchebags at Little America

So I'm standing at the front desk minding my own business, waiting for people to come check in... My coworker is working on something with another guest at the other end of the desk... A guy and his wife pull up on their motorcycle and come in... I greet them and they greet me with possibly the most alcohol I've ever smelled on someones breath before /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

They ask if we have any rooms, and I say nope, we're sold out tonight... Then the guy asks where the nearest something or other campground is, and I say I've never heard of it...

Then he gets all pissed off and says "That's bullshit! It's right outside of town on I-80! I want to talk to your manager!" Normally I would've just said okay and minded my own business, but this guy was drunk as hell and riding a motorcycle, which made me not think highly of him to begin with... Now he's swearing and yelling at me because I didn't tell him where this place that he knew the location if is....

SO, in a split second decision, I call the manager then say, "Well then, there's one just outside of town on I-80."

Him: "Oh NOW you know?!"
    Me: "Yeah, you just TOLD me where it is"
    Him: "You're a god damn travel agent and you don't know where the damn campground is?! I can't believe this!"
    Me: "I'm NOT a travel agent, and you knew where it was all along, so WHY did you even ASK?!?!"
    Him: "That's bullshit" blah blah blah

We went back and forth like that for about a minute before his wife decided to make him leave...

Me: "Where are you going?"
    Him: "We're not staying here! We'll take our business elsewhere."
    Me: "I'm glad, but wait a minute, my manager's on his way."
    Him: "Forget it."
    Me: "Wait just a second, he's going to be here in just a minute."

Then they just left...

I'm so frickin happy, I've always wanted to tell off an [darn] customer, and someone who drinks and drives, and a biker dude... And tonight I did all three, I can die a happy man...

A few minutes later a guest in the lobby came over and told me that was awesome, and the guy was probably just a stock broker who had to look tough because he was on a bike /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

The one thing I wish I would've done is got his license plate number... Then I could've called the cops and told them he was drunk off his ass riding a motorcycle down the highway /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: I think it\'s the month for douchebags at Little America

Nice avatar /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL that would be halarious to see/hear! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. k-5 jimmy fan

k-5 jimmy fan Registered Member

That is funny and too bad you missed his plate, it may have saved not only them but innocents from grief.

Are you in the Little America outside Green River Wyoming on I-80? If so, back in the early 80's I spent a lot of time there during the Over Thrust boom. Once stayed there in suite (mostly for showers & clothing changes) for over three months when we had hell with completing a well.

Do they still have the stuffed penguin in the lobby?

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I work at the one in Cheyenne... And yep, there's still a penguin. It's fun when people ask where the restroom is, to just say "Penguin" and point /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif