Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Think It's The T-Case?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Canuck, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

I Think It\'s The T-Case?????

Here's the senerio.........

I'm driving down the highway, the truck starts to scream like I hit neutral. I put the truck in neutral and back in OD and it kicks in a forward gear again. The T-case is still in 4-hi. I even pull the sucker back and forth (not while I am driving) and it doesn't seem to have slipped out of gear.

The last time it happened, I tried the into neutral and back thing, but I didn't work. It had a wicked grinding noise when I tried to put it in park when I was stopped. I had to put the T-case into 2WD before it worked.

It just seems to do it on the hiway at hiway speeds. It hasn't happed under 35mph yet.

The fluid levels are up.

86' K5 Silverado, 305ci. 208 t-case, 700r, 308's, 31x10.5's.

Any Ideas??????

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: I Think It\'s The T-Case?????

Well with it grinding going into park it does sound more like the case is dropping into neutral. If that happend and you tried to go into park it would make a pooping noise just like if you were rolling and tried to go into park. I would start by cheking the adjustment of the T-Case shifter. If it wasn't fully engaging 4 hi it's possible that it would jump out at higher RPM's.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

3. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Hey thanks Grim. Your right. It does have the sound like your rolling and it's grinding to a halt, yet I'm not moving.

So how do I adjust the shifter???

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Can't help you with that. You got a 208 and both of mine have 203's. Sorry. I know Haynes has the procedure for the 203 and 205. SHould have it for the 208 also.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/