Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think my axle relocated itself

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I went out the other night and wheeled Brown Betty HARD. I had her flexed right out with the rear tire hanging about 2 and a half feet in the air at one point. (Found out I need to trim real bad /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Anyways, today I was looking at Betty and I noticed that the tire seemed really close to the back of the fender. I took a look and I think the axle slid back about an inch on the springs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Has this happened to anyone before? Do I just loosen the u-bolts and move it back then re-tighten? How do I prevent this from happening again?

Thnx ~Max

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

center pin broke sounds like. Need to pull the spring apart and put in a new spring back, maybe new ubolts then retighten. Should be fine.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yea, if your axle moved and the u-bolts are still "tight" then you broke a center pin /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Napa sells new pins or you can use 3/8" Grade 8 allen head bolts like I did. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

carnage!! yeah its the pin. they are real easy to replace. impact tools make it even easyer. good luck!!

5. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

Hey Max, yup sounds like you center pin snapped. Give me a call and you can bring it up to the track and we caan fix it there. easy fix. i might even have a center pin lyin around here somewhere. Talk to you soon man.