Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think my th350 is blowing up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Apr 8, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Well after 15,000 miles my new Th350 is crapping out. When ever I go about 2 miles the whole truck will start to shake then I here a sound coming from the tranny. It kinda sounds like someone hitting the tranny walls with a hammer.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks
    Adam

2. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

Standard or auto tranny?
    It could just be a cracked flexplate or a loose flywheel or the trnsmission bolts could be loose, etc.

Time to crawl under and have a look.
    Don't drive this thing until you find out.
    It would be a shame to wreck a good engine bock.

3. adamforsythe

Hello,
    I am just going to drive the truck to my friends shop. pull the engine, gas tank, and any other new or good part on the truck and junk the truck (this includes the tranny, and t-case). I am planning on just putting my 350 on a engine stand. Taking everything off right down to the block. Then I will rebuild it back up to the way I really want it. I can't give you guys the details yet but this engine will have BALLS.

The guy that I do most of my work for has a 1998 1500 2WD chevy that has a 454 pushing a little under 500HP he has a 3100 stall coverter on it with a Th350. He can lay a 300 foot strip of rubber like nothing. I want my small little 350 to beat that. So I have some big plans for this engine and tranny combo. It is finally spring so I am feeling the need to do some building.
    Thanks
    Adam

4. adamforsythe

It is a Th350 (auto)
    Thanks
    Adam