Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think my truck is dying on me!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 16, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well after rolling it, all seemed ok other than every square inch of body panels were poop..

Today I noticed all 4 of my rear body mount bolts are ripped though the floor, and my floor at the rear is comming apart!

the floor literally is seperating from the rear where the tailgate hinges are /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif plus I dont have nut on my front body mounts, just bolts. So now I see that I only have 4 body mounts actually doing there job! Can you say body roll /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I have a custom tailgate that opens from the side, when I opened it today I the tialgate droped a foot down and the driver rear fender caved in about half a foot and peeled the floor up /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Also my frame is cracked almoast all the way though where the rear passenger shock ripped though it and left only the bottom of the " [ " so now I really am haveing issues.

cant go 4 wheeling till the 60 is in, and then I need to wait untill I have a doubler so I don't do drive shafts twice. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

so I think I will take out the rear floor this week and make a new subframe out of 2x2 square tubing, also this is a good time to get the cage off of my wheel wells /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

seems more and more my truck is becoming less streetable...by the day /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And I cant keep my stupid foot off the gas pedal /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My last fill up resulted in 4 mpg with the new big block /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

but I do enjoy it, almoast cheaper then a hooker a day at the rate I am going, uh 200 dollers this week in gas at the rate I am going /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I have serious issues!! damned CK5!..ITS A LOVE HATE THING! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Gotta take the bad with the good... even if your killing you body you have a MEAN everthing else /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Supersize, i'v got the solution for ya. Sence you're sooo good at building nice K5s and nice trail rigs. Turn your curent blazer into a pre trail rig and make another one that is all nice. Like a '90 then do somthin cool but streetable like 6" lift and 35" tires and a TBI SMALL BLOCK Well that pretty much solves it. Good plan huh? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Shawn the way you drive, you need a K5 with a 2 barrel, bolt in the floor, torque converter slippin, kerosene burnin, V6 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k
    when did you roll how did you roll with no 4wd? how much longer till I see your big azz smile on the trail?
    later

5. supersize75

I rolled in Florence Juntion, the same spot I got tippy last time but a little farther over, I had the front drive shaft in too, I just have been trying to keep it out so I don't destroy the d44.

I just had a customers check bounce on me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, so I am in a finacial bind, but the locker arrives for the d-60 on friday and I will order everything aelse at the end of the month /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I would say at the end of january I should be where I want /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Hell,It sounds like it's just gettin broken in!!!!

7. supersize75

or just broke /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Shawn the way you drive, you need a K5 with a 2 barrel, bolt in the floor, torque converter slippin, kerosene burnin, V6 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif j/k
    when did you roll how did you roll with no 4wd? how much longer till I see your big azz smile on the trail?
    later

[/ QUOTE ]

How about restricter plate crawlin' /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif