Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I think the K-5 is goin to have to go

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok well here is the deal....i just ordered a 2001 PT crusier and i am thinkin a need to sell the K5. So what i am kinda gettin at...i was wondering what i could get out of it..it is a 1988 Chevy silverado k5 windows and door locks,viper alarm, fresh bright yellow paint, 4 inch procomp lift, jet 6 pack chip, 32" BFG a/t's, clarion pro audio cd/am/fm deck, 6 disk changer, kicker zr120 amp, 2 boston 4inch, 2 clairon 6x9's, 130000 orig. miles new tranny with 10000 miles, new carpet etc....the blue book says 6800 but i think i could get more

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

WHOA!!!! Don't do it. ! This is just my 2 cent's but your selling your K5 to get a PT(minivan) ?
    As for what your truck is worth, I can tell you you'll never get what it's worth. Because it's getting too old and what I'm finding is no one want's a truck that old for that much.
    One more thing. I've always regretted trading in my 89 Jimmy Fullsize for my downsized S-10 4x4. If I were able to do it all over again, I'd still have my Jimmy.
    Good luck.. Hope I didn't offend or upset you.

It's better to have it than to not need it, then to need it and not have it. !!!

3. S10-4x4

S10-4x4 1/2 ton status

So I take it you are says S10's can't "do it"?
    :>
    Just kidding!!!
    But I will say....the IFS sux bad. Need SOLID axle....bigger tires...hey wait...why don't I just buy a K5.....I THINK I WILL HAVE TO DO THAT!!!

S10-4x4

J**P...Its what's for dinner
    http://s10-4x4.coloradok5.com

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Chaz, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I really don't want to offend you, but what are you thinking?[​IMG] We all have different tastes, so I won't go into which is better (do why really need to go there?), but all I can say is that you'll regret it later. If you don't believe me, wait and see! Imagine driving around in your PT Luiser[​IMG] and some guy pulls up next to you in a sweet K5, or better yet, it is a hot girl driving it with the top off (the K5's top, not her's, you pervs[​IMG]). In the end it's your decision, I just think you might want to think it over a little bit, test drive the PT too, I hear it only has a 4 banger. I hope this didn't offend you, I just don't think it's a great idea, think about the financing too!!!![​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

HAAHHA, I like that, PT Luiser, haahah. Well, Chaz, like Rocko said, you'll never get blue book value for that. Unless you find some rich dumb kid to buy it. I would be suprised if you got about $5000 for it. That would be good. Too many miles on the motor that's why, people are afraid of that these days. Anyways, good luck in your decision. But I do believe you'll be hating life after you drive by a big ass truck or K5 for that matter. And yes, its true, the Luiser only has a 4 Banger in it. Man, that's small.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

7. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

I hate to be the one to do this but I have to defend the PT Cruiser, it is one of the coolest looking vehicles to come out in a long time, I test drove one and it moves along pretty good, in a couple of years I'd like to add one to my stable of vehicles, now I have NO plans to get rid of the Jimmy as I love it, but adding another vehicle is on the list and I like the Cruiser. To each his own. Later

When the mud gets deep and the hills get steep we'll find out who bought the parts that were cheap.

8. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

DONT DO IT. EVEN WHEN I HAD MY BLAZER IN THE GARAGE FOR A WINTER I MISSED DRIVING IT. ESPECIALLY WHEN A BAD @$$ BLAZER PULLED NEXT TO ME IN MY LITTLE CAR. TRUST ME YOU WILL BE KICKING YOUR SELF IF YOU SELL IT. RIGHT NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IS INSURANCE, GAS AND MAINTENANCE ON THE K5. YOU HAVE TO WEIGH THE PROS ANGAINST THE CONS. THE K5 IS WAY COOLER AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU GET THE WIMPY CRUISER STUCK IN A POTHOLE ON THE ROAD! KEEP THE BLAZER.

DAZED AND CONFUSED IN A 74 BLAZER

ZEPPLIN

9. James

James 1/2 ton status

OhioJimmy,
    I agree my wife and I are looking to add another car to our fleet of two :( Really interested in the PT until I found out it was a 4banger. Can't imagine they won't be adding a six cyl sooner or later or even a v8:). No way in hell I would get rid of the 73k5 convt though.
    Peace

10. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Don't do it! Keep the K5... Turst me, all I hear is how much Rocko regrets giving up his Jimmy.... Now we have an 82' Blazer to restore, but you will regret it sooner or later. Yes, the new car thing is exciting and fun, but seriously think about it....Will you miss it say 6-8 months down the road? Trust me, finding another one in as good shape as yours sounds....is not very easy, and then you'll be kicking yourself.

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

11. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Rocko's right, and for a PT Cruiser? Dude, start kicking yourself now! j/k[​IMG]

12. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I hate to say it but the Cruiser is a nice car. Gotta lose the 4-banger though. Even though it is cool, it does not hold a candle to a K5. Think about it in a Cruiser you actually have to slow down for speed bumps[​IMG]! About the value of your K5, I am afraid that the other guys are right. People do not want to pay much for a something this old. I started to sell my Blazer and get a Camaro, but I would have not gotten anywhere near what I wanted for it and I could not bear to let it go. I will probably have that thing the rest of my life. Well I am sure you make the right decision[​IMG].

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I still regret selling my old 77 Blazer. This was 10 years ago and I still think about that truck (even though I have an 81 Jimmy now)

I think you will regret getting rid of the K5.

Rene (never selling the K5)

[​IMG]

14. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

CruisinK5 or should I say PT-CruisinK5?[​IMG]
    I was wondering what you meant by the PT being a "nice car"? Isn't it a funky looking Neon? The car starts off at $16,000 (I checked the Chrysler site) so I don't think that much niceness is being pumped into it. You get what you pay for. BTW did y'all know it's 6" SHORTER than the Neon![​IMG]

15. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If I invested 16,000 clams into my K5, it could kicks anyone's and anything's ass!

[​IMG] !!!! [​IMG]

16. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

How did you get all thoe clams to stick to your ride, special adhesive? Also do clams have legs to kick with or are these mutant Texas clams? lol[​IMG] sorry I couldn't resist.

When the mud gets deep and the hills get steep we'll find out who bought the parts that were cheap.

17. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

The Cruiser is a nice looking car but it's no convertible, and what'll you do when you want to go out for a picnic and find a gravel road that's washboarded over the winter? you going to take the cruiser over a road like that? I think not.
    Reconsider it, you might not regret selling the K5 a week or a month from now but with a little time you'll wish you had it back.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

18. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Easy, just keep the K5 and buy the PT Cruiser. Everyone needs lots of toys.
    My four:
    84 Pontiac TransAM-Summer only
    85 Subaru RX 4X4 Turbo Sedan-For sale
    88 Subaru XT6 AWD-Keep it forever
    and the new addition-My new Love

73 Topless Blazer

19. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well i have one more thing to add.....i will still have a 4x4...i am gettin a 98 Z71 pickup from work....i just got moved up to dispacher so i will be gettin a company truck. so gettin stuck in a pot hole wont be a problem....

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

20. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

there is a company out there that makes a special edition PT cruiser. Its called the PT Bruizer. it is lowered has ground effects, a JACKSON SUPERCHARGER, and some other go fast goodies, and new rims and tires too. i saw it on car and driver TV, I'm sure you can find something about it on the web. iIf i had the money i would get a PT Bruizer, but i would not get a PT Cruiser, to slow. heres a site of the bruizer: http://ptenthusiasts.org/ptbruizer.shtml

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder