Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i think this microsoft stuff is bull

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 16, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

*edit this link is a diffrent subject than the rant, just an exaplme of what i'm talking about

web page I mean come on, microsoft gets sued for installing IE with windows and not other brands. Come on its a damn company its supposed to push its own product. You dont see law suits cause a chevy engine doesnt include dodge parts from the factory. Its bull, let microsoft make all the money they want and corner the market, good for them, and stop whining /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

It is because Microsoft owns over 90% of the worlds PC software market. To the US government this is a corporate monopoly which is illegal for many reasons. Plus Microsoft is known for some shady business practices as well, hence the lawsuit.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Microsoft created their own problems. For many years, in their quest for total global domination they quietly threatened all large computer manufacturers with a "shortage" of licenses for their operating systems if those companies A) shipped PC's with NO operating system of B) shipped PC's with a non-Microsoft operating system. For many years you simply could NOT buy a name brand PC without some form of Windows pre-installed. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif They played dirty and now are paying for it...

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

company its supposed to push its own product---------I agree

corporate monopoly which is illegal for many reasons-- I agree and like to see fair competition

A) shipped PC's with NO operating system of B) shipped PC's with a non-Microsoft operating system. For many years you simply could NOT buy a name brand PC without some form of Windows pre-installed. They played dirty and now are paying for it...------------I have not seen any facts on this but I do not put it past them I do think they play dirty and ship products to soon with out testing

but I think the start of the probe/ lawsuit is they do not contribute to any political party and this is payback for that if you look now they contribute $ to both parties and a lot to charities now red cross ect

What do you think CK5 fans (be careful bill has spy’s every ware )

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It is because Microsoft owns over 90% of the worlds PC software market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but maybe only 60% of those people actually pay for the software

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It is because Microsoft owns over 90% of the worlds PC software market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but maybe only 60% of those people actually pay for the software

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Intel has a huge monopoly in the CPU biz... no law suits there. IMO leftist wackos are the real reason behind all this crap... MS has a lot of money, so lets take it all away from them and give it to someone else. standard BS. No one forces anyone to use MS operating systems. People can use Linux at their leisure. If you dont like MS, dont use their products, simple as that.

j

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Intel has a huge monopoly in the CPU biz... no law suits there.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Intel is not really a monopoly. AMD is right behind them. I run two AMD processors and I am sure many of you are too.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

only recently has AMD been a legit competitor... and even now Intel has over 82% of the market. There was a time not long ago when intel had over 90% of the consumer grade CPU market and that was about the same time all this BS with MS started. Like I said, no law suits. I guess they bribed the right leftists with campaign money or something. It seems entirely likely to me that Intel is actually letting AMD get some share so they don't get hammered with $8796597345983475098347598734857347887543297429582405623875 dollar lawsuit bullcrap.

j

10. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    MS has a lot of money, so lets take it all away from them and give it to someone else. standard BS. No one forces anyone to use MS operating systems. People can use Linux at their leisure. If you dont like MS, dont use their products, simple as that.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes. If I don't like them, I shouldn't use them. Sounds like a simple solution.
    So, as a banker, I have certain software programs that I have to have loaded on my system. The limited number of vendors that supply these programs to me will lose their support if they offer a Linux version of their product, or are caught supporting a product on a Windows emulator. What am I supposed to do if I don't like them?