Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I too am finnished with my rear bumper& gate project>>*Pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Burt4x4, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Here it is.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So what do ya think.......

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif nice job

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Looks TOUGH! Is the receiver hitch part of the bumper?

Can you tell me how far the outside edge of your tire is away from the gate? Also, what is that scary long haired, head looking thing on the wall in the first pic?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahah That Is Bob as in Bob Marley and he is not scary hehehehe
    The reciver hitch is not part of it. I left it were it is because I have a HUGE gas tank right there and the hitch doubles as rear tank pertection. I know the hitch is my low point and I am use to dragin it already. I would rather have the hitch hit than anything else.
    Now what do you want to know about the tire's position? It does not touch the actual gate part. It is fairly close but doesnt touch. I may have mounted the highlift 1/2" too low only cuz the foot of the jack kissis the bumper when the gate is closed. But I figure that doubles as a gate stop so it won't slam into the tailgate...

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

No offense to Bob Marley! In the picture he just looked like a manican or something.

Believe me, I understand about the hitch providing protection to the gas tank. You can ask Kyle P. We were both driving down a ledge and I smacked my receiver when I came off of it. When Kyle followed me, he smacked his tank and put a softball size dent in it...

I am just wondering how far the tire sticks out. Measure from the gate to the outside of the tire - if you get a chance. It's more out of curiousity than anything.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I too am finished with my rear bumper& gate project>>*Pics*

you did a awesome job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif it looks great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks Hardcore!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha no worries /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Ok I'll measure that for you, I can tell you the part that holds the tire to the gate is 5 1/2" out plus another 1/2" for the round mounting plate, hmmm plus 2" for the gate so I am guessing the IN-side of the tire would be about 9" from the tailgate it self. I should have pulled the K5 out of the garage and took a full shot from the side so you can see the realtion to the rest of the Blazer, maby tonight I will....
    *EDIT* Daaaaa the inside of the tire is not 9" I was not thinking straight...Its more like 4" away from the tailgate, I will get some mesurements for ya!!*Edit Off*

It is hella strong I burned two boxes of 7018 rod to get this thing together /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nice work! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

very nice, now build a latch like mine... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    was it fun getting the swing arm to line up with the bumper, after I welded the spindle on the arm hit the bumper, but when I welded the tire carrier tubing it pulled it back up...got lucky....nice work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahah I saw your latch too late in the game! I may change it in the future, I do like yours better!!
    I actually got the gate to line up on the first try, I welded on the spindal then set some 1/4 plate ontop of the bumper and set the bottom gate bar ontop of the 1/4 plate and welded it to the spindal wile it was resting on the plate. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Then removed the bottom bar and welded up the rest of the gate. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    It must be bumper building season with all thease members postin up bumper pics!! Way Cool!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

must be (bumper season). I'll have to get a post going on mine, but I do need to get my hi-lift on it some how... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

evil rasta man... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.giflooks good Burt... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    evil rasta man... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.giflooks good Burt... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey Fumes you can't say the word evil with the word Rasta in the same sentance!!! It's like saying oil and water the two just don't mix /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    You commin down to Blazer Fest so I can buy you a drink??

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    must be (bumper season). I'll have to get a post going on mine, but I do need to get my hi-lift on it some how... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    You should post up!
    I used two pices of 2x2x2 .120wall square tubing to mount mine. I drilled a 1/2hole pushed a bolt tru, welded the bolt head to the 2x2 and then used a 1/2 WingNut to secure the HighLift. Nice and tight with no wiggly giggly

16. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

nice work!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. 80Jimmy

80Jimmy Registered Member

Nice Work!! : /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Really nice!!!

19. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

That looks killer man.

20. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do you have to worry about spare-tire theft? What are you doing in that regard?

Oh yeah, nice job!!