Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Touched a piece of the WTC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Sep 18, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Here in washington we have the state fair going on (the puyallup fair). Its one of the biggest fairs in the country (or so Ive been told). Anyway its a really huge fair with lots of rides, venders, all kinds of arts, concerts and animals. Its not just like any old fair with rides and games.

Right in the middle of it they have this very large tent. President linclon was standing outside /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol . Inside the tent you can learn about all of the presidents, They even have a replica of the oval office. Cars that presidents rode in and so on.

As you enter the tent you see this (what looks like a piece of wood) thing. Behind it is a plaque. On the plaque there is all the information about what happend sept 11th. All of the numbers of how many people died, how many were not found and so on. As I read it I found out that the peace of material in front of me was an accual peice of the wtc. A piece of solid steal. It wasnt small 18inch long by 6 inches wide. One side of it looked like it had been shredded, just like a piece of wood would look if it was shreded on one side

It was amazing. I was just standing there staring at it. Finaly mike kind of poked me with his elbow and told me to touch it. So I did.

I just felt so many feelings touching a piece of torn up steal. If all I did at that fair was pay the 10 dollars to walk in and have that experience it would have been worth it to me. Its only a piece of steel but you can really feel the feelings and the heartache in it.

So anyone in western washington go to the puyallup fair and find the presidents tent. Its something you will never forget and hopefully something you were glad you did. Im glad I did it. Not becuase Im being morbid, but becuase I was able to touch with my own hands a piece of one of the biggest things that will probubly ever happen to our country in my life time.

I just wanted to share that with you all.....

2. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

We have a piece of the WTC at our fire station. on of our board of members is on the urban search and rescue. he went back with the team and work there for 2 weeks. he brought back a chunk of marble that came off one of the buildings and we built a monument in front of our station. i now how you feel touching a piece of the building.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Last month (and for 2 days in Sept) during our state fair (funny it's been said to be one of the biggest fairs in the country) they had a piece of the tower near the exhibit buildings. It was a girder. It's huge (I wanna say 4 feet high by like 12 feet long). People have wrote all over it things and signed it with well wishes. It's amazing to see. I believe it's still up there if anyone in the area wanted to see it. They had a problem with some people trying to vandalize it. I swear there's always someone... makes you sick to see people being so stupid. But it's a norm here anymore to deal with ignorant people who have no clue they are not alone on the planet.... anyhow like you said I was glad to be able to touch it. Kinda gave real perspective to how it was to be there. I can't image how it was to have a million of those crashing down on me. Makes ya really think... least it did for me....