Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I tought tranny was gone...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1985K20, Mar 2, 2005.

1. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

This morning im driving on the road when i see a friend stuck solid in the snow so i stopped there and i pulled out the towing hardware, i put a nylon strap + a nylon cable on there and i started pulling. It took me about 15 minutes to get him out of there since he was moving about 2 inches every time i was giving her... I snaped my nylon strap, tore some of my bumper, bent my tow hitch but i never hurted the 1 1/4 inch nylon cable....

Anyhow, headin back there goes my transmission startin to act silly, not shifting,banging and $h*t, so i said thats it; it's going! I was convinced i needed another tranny until i seen the guy i pulled out later on, told him i blew the tranny pulling him out,and then he asked me: your vaccum line to the tranny wouldn't be unplugged would it???

Well it was unplugged!!! tranny was fine:) (why didn't i think of that:blush: )

2. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Had a friend poke a hole in the gas tank when the clip from the snap hit it.