Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I understand the jeep thing!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Jun 2, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

:( to start..

the cherekee I had just bought started sputtering and dogging, I make it home and limped over a hundred miles.."luck"

anyways, wind up getting towed the next time I drove it, so I hoped for a fuel filter 15.00 since it had a lean condition..

changed nothing,

then I go get a pump and strainer, and the fump wont fit in the assembly, so I return the pump and try a different brand..same problem with fitment,

then I say to hell with it and change the whole assembly at the tune of 150.00...

so did it run fine then... NO

Then I go spend 40.00 for a fuel pressure test kit..

fuel pressure on the rail isat 15 psi, jeeps need at least 35 psi to run right,

so next on the hit list I checked the voltage at the fuel pump,

then checked to see if the fuel pressure regulator was getting full vaccume, after disconnecting it, the guage still read 15 psi and the regulator being connected make no differece...

then replace the regulator at the tune of 70 bucks....

now the darn thing is running like a champ!

to add insult to injury though after I was all happy my rear hatch lock decided to break...

so a couple hundred bucks, I am out two days of work, and 2 nights of being in a crappy mood and no sleep..I now understand the "JEEP" THING

J. E. E. P.

JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET

:crazy:

I miss driving a chevy every day :(

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I understand you'd have been fine if you just checked fuel pressure to begin with ;)

3. supersize75k5

with time and experiance comes knowlege :(

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

and empty pockets :D

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no doubt. unless its a cheap part, there's NO WAY it get replaced until it has been proven 110% that it is defective.

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

How many of us (gear heads) wouldn't have torn-in and replaced the fuel pump after seeing 15PSI on a pressure check? :blush:
    After all, electric fuel pumps fail quite often (and give low pressure). I've never run into a regulator failure that gave low pressure without fuel pissing out the vacume line (torn diaphragm). 'Pretty obvious sign that the regulator crapped. :D

Like the farmer said when his cow died, "Humph, first time that happened." :haha:

7. supersize75k5

well I can at least say that I learned some stuff while dealing with it, and I learned how to diagnose the problem for the next time something like this happens,

I am happy now, and today I gave a blazer a c-section :hack: to remove the tranny since it had to come up through the floor...

a long story really.. :D
    \

now I am off to the Bat mobile to go install the said tranny into my 75 blazer :laugh: