Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want 35" or 36" tires wo\Trimming!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1bad2, Apr 21, 2000.

1. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

I want 35\" or 36\" tires wo\\Trimming!

Can I squeze a 35" or 36" (Tossup between the 35x15.50x15 TSL SX's, 35x14.50x15 Boggers, and 36x12.50x15 TSL's) with a 6" lift? What are some things I need to look for when shoping for a lift? Will the 3.73's I have now work OK with these tires? Anybody have any recomendations of who to buy from or stay away from? How about manufacturers, are there some I should stay away from? I would love to see some pictures of trucks with this setup. I would like to do this over the summer so I figure I need to start learning what I can.
    Curtis
    P.S. I have quad shocks. If I buy a kit that comes with shocks will I just need to buy 2 more or will the front ones just be trash?

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: I want 35\" or 36\" tires wo\\Trimming!

It all depends on how you use the truck. If you don't do any serious, twisty fourwheeling you should be fine, but if you want lots of articulation the fenders and tires will soon be fighting for the same space. I don't have any personal experience with this setup, but 33x12.50's with 4" of lift would rub on mine with the swaybar hooked up.

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.

I'm getting ready to do the same thing you are. But I'm figuring 8" lift. I refuse to cut my metal. (anymore...)

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You should be OK with 31's and a 8" lift if you don't want to rub. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry, couldnt resist!
    Steve

5. Andreas

Andreas 1/2 ton status

When I sold my 44" Gumbos, I wheeled home my major fender cut and 9" lifted Blazer on stock tires (28-29", or whatever they are). It looked so d*mn ridiculous I just had to take a picture of it. Needless to say, I´ll NEVER show that pic to anyone[​IMG], oh well, I didn´t rub!

Andreas

406cui of pure sh*t[​IMG]

6. Udy

Udy Registered Member

I have 35x12.5s on 10 inch wide wheels. I installed a 6 inch Skyjacker kit (front and rear springs) and do not have any rubbing. I also have the dual front shocks. I ordered a total on 6 skyjacker hydro shocks with the kit. I've heard dual notro shocks give a hard ride. I'm happy with the ride. I am considering removing the extra shocks and taking a test drive to see if it smooths out more. In addition to the kit, I ordered brake lines, steering arm, pitman arm, and swaybar lowereing brackets. I got a good deal from 4WheelParts Wholesalers. It took a few trys to get all the right parts. Then they denied that I sent some of the parts back! UPS covered the difference for me. Also, I spent litterally hours on hold with there customer service people. It would be hard for me to recomend them!

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

for dual front shocks you have to order soft valved shocks when you buy your new ones. or else your ride will be unbelievably stiff. i mean like broken parts stiff

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

8. jsc383

jsc383 Registered Member

i dont mean to get off the subject but
    does any one have pics of a truck with a big@ss lift with 31"s or p235s or mabe smaller