Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want a dual exaust for my 87 K-5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Apr 19, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Feb 23, 2000
    I want to put new headers and a dual exaust on my 87 K-5. What types of headers should I use? can I use any GM ones and weld an O2 sensor on them? Anyway, there's a guy near me who can do custom exausts. He did my friend, Biggray71's dual exaust, except I want mine coming out under the rear bumper, not the rear wheel wells. What kinds of cats should I use? Will this new exaust screw up any computers or chips on the truck? Am I missing anything? Any advice from someone who has done this would be appreciated.
  2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    This topic was on the board last week. Don't point the tailpipes straight out back. It will let the exhaust get sucked up into your truck when the back window is down. Much greater risk of carbon monoxide poisoning...even if you never roll the window down. Do it like all the other K5's.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad