Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want a m1008

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K1Orion, Jan 29, 2004.

1. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I've been thinkin about this for a while, my truck is gonna eventually have m1008 stuff(detroit 14FF, D60, long bed pickup with a 400/208) so why not start with one. I could sell the truck I've got and start over with a m1008 and be ahead of the game.

So where should I look for one. I've done a lot of searching here and with google, with little luck. I'm looking for links to government auction sites and the like.

And if you got 1 for sale, I'd love to have it but don't try to sell it to me. This is a long term plan, not a "I got cash, where do I sign" kinda deal.

Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

www.govliquidation.com

This is where most people buy them from. Do a search for Chev and you will net more finds.

Be prepared to pay in excess of $2000 for a truck and be prepared to travel.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Good thinking, this is exactly how I started my current project. Much easier AND cheaper to pay a little more up front, and then cut down rather than buying stronger parts and trying to build UP. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got my M1008 from a local party who got it years ago from govliquidation before the prices started jumping. I paid right at 2k for mine with a completely rebuilt D60/C14FF/205/Th400 (all of them rebuilt).

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check out this months 4Wheel&Offroad. They have a article in there on purchasing one through govliquidation. Be prepared to look for a while, especially if you want one that runs... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, I saw that artical. They just ruined a good source of parts (that's been going down fast anyway as far as value goes). Every yahoo in the country will now be on that site bidding things through the roof just like ebay... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thats what I thought too when I saw that article. Now its back to cruising the farms. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about an old army truck since I could drive, always thought it would be cool. Then I found CK5 and found out what a m1008 was and what they came with and really got the bug. Then I saw the article in 4WOR this week and /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif, they ruined it for me. That is why am asking here if anybody knows of other ways to get a m1008. Like other sites or listings of auctions that aren't online.

I bought an air compressor from a friend's neighbor(a lawyer) a couple months ago. I remebered he had an m1008 that he bought at a county auction. I asked a couple times if he wanted to sell but he always said he was gonna keep it. I remember it sitting in his driveway and then one day it was gone. When I bought the compressor I asked about it. He said he gave it to his dad-in-law to putz around their farm with and that the 6.2 had died and he was gonna swap in a gas motor. Next time I see him I'm gonna ask him to sell it and press the issue a little more. Maybe he'll sell since it has a bad 6.2, who knows.

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats what I thought too when I saw that article. Now its back to cruising the farms. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent over a few hours doing this in the last weel alone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Today I got some good finds, just need to stop buy when people are home, try to look Christian and sell the biggest sob story of how I had a restored blazer and a drunk driver hit it and I rolled..maby add a limp for extra points /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Just looking for a project truck for Dad and I ...honest, /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif sir

9. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent over a few hours doing this in the last weel alone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Today I got some good finds, just need to stop buy when people are home, try to look Christian and sell the biggest sob story of how I had a restored blazer and a drunk driver hit it and I rolled..maby add a limp for extra points /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Just looking for a project truck for Dad and I ...honest, /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif sir

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go to your neighborhood and put up flyers with a copy of ^ that quote and your picture on em. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif We'll see how many deals you get then.

j/k /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i have 2 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i just got lucky and found one on ck5 that was pretty local and another on another forum, plus friends always let me know when they find a chevy one ton 4x4, they do pop up on ebay from time to time /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

anybody got any more links? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif