Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want a manual tranz....Help me out with q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skyetone, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

I want a manual tranz....Help me out with q\'s

I just got a really stripped down 70 k-5. It needs all drivetrain but axles and maybee a t-case. It has a "bad" t-350 in it now. I am really thinking of throwing in a manual trans. It will be a tow rig.
    I don't like the unpushability(is that a word) of the auto if something mech. goes wrong. I have to route coolers and shifters and shtuff. It has the colom shifter but I really don't care. It has a hole in the floor too. I was mostly wondering if I could get a newer 4 or 5 speed manual trans and hook it to a 205? Everything will be J-yard wars style purchase... I don't have a clutch pedal either....How hard is it to go back to the light side? I've done it in toys.....There hydrolic though...

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: I want a manual tranz....Help me out with q\'s

It's not that hard to do. SM465/NP205 combo's come up for sale here quite often. I would convert the manual linkage to hydraulic using a Summit slave cylinder and a custom bracket off the bellhousing. Mounting the pedal's and clutch master could be fun. The 73-91's are a bit easier because the hydraulic clutch was used from 85 and up so factory parts can be used. I'd guess on a 70 you'd have to use some imagination...

Rene

3. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

Re: I want a manual tranz....Help me out with q\'s

I dunno I think for now I'm gonna stuff in a t350 and a 205 and get to driving it. Thanx though. I like the hydro clutch idea...