Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want a TV blower....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 29, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Supercharger that is. Not for my TV, I want one of the Blowers you see on TV. You know in Mad Max, or on those Mr. Clean commercials, we've all see the commercial where they engage the blower at like 6000 rpms.... yeah you'd have a crank snout left.

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I don't know about 6k rpm, but I've always thought one could somehow use an electric clutch, like from an ac compressor, and mount it on the outside of the crank pulley to run a 6-71 blower, just not sure how you'd get the engine to run with the intake blocked by the supercharger? maybe some kind of a bypass valve, to let air/fuel mixture,bypass the blower, I'll bet with a little experimentation, one could get it to work, Mad max's car suppossedly really worked, world be interested in seeing if it would work. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

They talked about this on the ORC board WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the day (before I had a beard days) and someone mentioned he saw a show car with it, and it worked, but because of the technicalities of running wierd compressions for the blower it wasnt really able to be the instant huge power boost possible, and it burnt up the clutches constantly

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

About the only device that can give you power "on the go" is a nitrous oxide system.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't see any purpose, you build a motor to run a big huffer its not gonna run well without it. AT least not produce a lot of power. 10 lbs of boost through an 8-71 figure your down at like 8.5:1 compression, thats gonna make great power with a big old intake restriction.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just looked into it, the mad max cars were fake. They didn't even have blowers on them, ha. THe blowers were cases with nothing in them, the belt drove a water pump. THere were carbs inside the blower that did the real powering. THis is true for both Mad Max, and Mad Max 2.

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [/where they engage the blower at like 6000 rpms.... quote] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

yah but wasn't it just freakin COOOOLLLL

[​IMG]

9. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[image]http://falconcoupes.tripod.com/madmax/madmax[/image]