Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want an Elcamino

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by bablazer73, Nov 7, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I don't know why, but I really want one! a 69 like I had in school! I'm getting old and need to "relive" my youth. anybody got one???
    Just sharing a dream!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bought a 78 El Camino this summer. Fun car too drive. I bought mine from a auto museum. Next to perfect body, and only some minor issues. (Power windows not working, but it's just a loose wire, I still haven't fixed that. Also needs a carb, I'm going Demon Carb.) I've basicly parked mine for the winter. I'll worry about the minor issues come next spring.

3. bablazer73

I really hated to get rid of mine. but it was a piece of crap! I was young and stupid. It ran good. 350, muncie 4 spd, 10 bolt posi with 3.73's but there was a ton of bondo on it. The frame finally came apart from all the salt/rust up here. At the time, it was only 10 years old!! 1979! Every thing that old around here is a pile of rust dust now!! But i really want to "finish" what I started in my mind 20+ years ago!! 454(or bigger) th400, 12 with 4.10's.
    fast, but daily driveable!

I've been starting to "hord" parts. Thats why i bought the junk 69 chevelle. It's got a 12 bolt in it. I'm saving that, for the elky I don't have...... YET! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I wanted a 5th gen (78 to 87) just because I like the smaller body style. Got lucky and found one with a next to perfect body. That was my main goal, I can do mechanical work, but I hate body work. I much reather start out with something with a good body.

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

A few years ago I wish I would have had $4000 sitting around.

A guy was selling a '70 El Camino. It was an original 454SS, all the body had been redone just needed paint. Had the cowl hood, but was missing the air cleaner setup. I was a sweet car.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

My mom had a 71 SS454, she was puttin headers in it and it got stolen and stripped, Im trying to save up enought money to get her another one, but they are gettin pretty expinsive

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Still got my 71 after the fire. Was going to sell it but just cant bring myself around to that after all the work I put into it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Still got my 71 after the fire. Was going to sell it but just cant bring myself around to that after all the work I put into it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Glad too hear you still have it. So what are the plans for it now ??? I think a BIG BLOCK would be ultra kewl in a 71. Heck, couldn'd ya just see a supercharger sticking up through the hood ?? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Poster: bablazer73
    Subject: Re: I want an Elcamino

I don't know why, but I really want one! a 69 like I had in school! I'm getting old and need to "relive" my youth. anybody got one???
    Just sharing a dream!

[/ QUOTE ] el caminos are badass. i think the 69-69 models are my favorite . the front end/grille is just perfect.

my dream elky would FI502, TH400 w/ gearvenders underoverdrive, custom dana 60 w/ 4.56 gears and tubbed wheel wells w/ 30" tall mickeys. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. bablazer73

My current "dream" Elky is a 9.5 to 1, 540CI roller cammed big block, with 600 easy HP on tap, then a proshot fogger system for an extra 350+. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif4l80E would be nice, or atleast a th400, to a ladder bar suspended rear with 4.10's. Open up the wheel wells just enough to get a 11" wide slick under it. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif Should be good for a daily driven 10 second ride with 9 seconds on tap. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. spartan4x4

spartan4x4 Registered Member

my dad has a 76 SS, i hate it, but he likes it alot.
    it has the factory tach, and a 3-somethin rear, with a chromed out/all stainless hoses, edelbrock everything 350 and all. corvette ralleys, etc. i never understood what ppl like about these cars though?

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Had a friend back in the 80's with a 68 and a Hot 406/beefed glide tranny, 12 bolt etc. He found out that a Chevelle wagon seat fit in the space under the removable floor panel behind the cab. So he put one in and he had room for more than 2 passengers, plus the seat folded down for haulin stuff. It was a really nice looking rig till he totaled it.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG]My plans are for a mildly built 327, 700r4, posi rear with 3.73 gears. I'm leaning tords a Air Ride suspension. Not going for the mega hot rod, just a fun all around cruser. Something fun for crusin' on a warm summer evening or a short road trip. Working A/C, heat and a major stereo system is a must !!!!!

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Same reason why we like K5's, because they are kewl !!! :deal::whistle: