Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I want another K5..../cry listen to my memories.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82Jimmy, Nov 9, 2003.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Memories I hate:
    1.) Pumping gas and finally having her kick off, only to have her die after I get my inital WOOOT.

2.) the 6 mpg i got.

3.) Turning Cornors and my gas gauge goes to empty and people would make fun of me =(

4.) Tires rubbing when I turned too hard.

5.) Changing spark plugs every 3 weeks.

6.) Reving her up to get her warm in the mourning and hearing my carbon monoxide detector go off in the house.

7.) AIR LEAKS

8.) Windows stopped rolling down

9.) Getting mud out of my aftermarket carpet.

10.) Tossing 10 bucks in quaters to wash it, and not being able to tell a difference (good days of the mud)

11.) Trying to show off to co workers, flooring it and the tires wouldn't spin (which is good now that I think about it)

12.) Turning on cruise control, and a ghost would come and floor my gas pedal. (scared the crap out of me the first time)

13.) the dip stick that pulls itself out, and takes 45 minutes to put back in.

THINGS I LOVED

1.) the fact if I got in a wreck (which I did twice) i would be the one driving away.

2.) getting to know the hot chicks at the gas station (I went there too much)

3.) The fact it wasn't fuel injected, and when I tuned my 4 barrel, i could tell a difference.

4.) My 2 12in woofers that made my lights dim because they pulled so much juice (people flashed me a lot)

5.) I always had an excuse of "rolling" when people tried to get me to do donuts.

6.) Always had the excuse, that we couldn't take my car to X destination because we might get stranded.

7.) Just the way my tall fat arse fit in it. That was the best hands down /hugs dead jimmy in the front yard.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, you can build it even better than before....

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

6.) Always had the excuse, that we couldn't take my car to X destination because we might get stranded.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I know that one VERY well. Got my 95 K2500 and suddenlly I was driving all over the place. Out to bloomsburg truck show, ozzfest, mountains, shop there, place there. I put about 2,000 miles on that thing in the say 3 or 4 months I owned it. My k5 only had 5,000 miles on it last year!

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hell kid I havent seen your name up in aloooong while. Guess you dont have the diesel anymore, bummer. Are you gonna get another?

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Here is what happened, as you know, my tank got in 2 wrecks, one from behind and one from a drunk driver from the driver side on the back rear.

Shortly after the last the rear end started acting wierd. Kinda like one wheel was pulling harder than the other.

Then I parked it for about 3months in the summer when I went to work about 700 miles away.

First thing I did was start when I got bad, the block was cracked and the water pump blew all within 20 seconds.
    (it got -20 below this winter i'm sure that is what did it)

So now she is parked for good, all cold and lonely....

I do want another with about 38" inch tires, 6 inch lift, canmore top, 388 stroker....yum...........but that is gunna have to wait a lil while